1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by soozieq, May 14, 2009.
First

Back
163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172
174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183
Next

Last
  1. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    fortisflyer,you use the AKG702 with it?is the X that powerful?from what i read the AKG needs a desktop amp to operate it well and make it sound proper.i have some cash coming up in a few days and i may reconsider getting the X from reading all these praises again but i still doubt if it is worth all that money!oh well........

I wish it would power my 702's! lol

No, i do have a desktop headphone amp made by british hi-fi manufacturer Naim.

If you can get it at the new price i believe is £190 approx i don't think you get much better than that for a touch screen 32gig player with the SQ the X deliver's imo[​IMG]

2. Akash
    My best earbud is YUIN PK3. I don't have any IEM's cos I don't like stuff going inside my ears.

I think you may be right about not being the best synergy??

I've got the Koss KC75, no fatigue at all.

I do rip all my music to above 256kbps.

Strange , may be I need an amp like fiio3 just to give the earbud a boost!

3. FortisFlyer75
    Got to say i have had good dap's in the past, enjoyed the sound from such players like my old Sony A818, further more with the A829 and Cowon D2 and i would listen to them when it took my mood for a bit of "in the ear fix", but this X, once i pick it up can not stop listening to the bleeding thing!

I have had one very lazy sunday chillin out with the X, i must of racked up 8 hours playtime, my ears are melting! [​IMG]

You can fry egg's on an X[​IMG]
    (only jioking there guys & girls[​IMG])

4. Akash
  5. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    My best earbud is YUIN PK3. I dont any IEM's cos I don't like stuff going inside my ears.

I think you may be right about not being the best synergy??

I've got the Koss KC75, no fatigue at all.

I do rip all my music to above 256kbps.

Strange , may be I need a amp like fiio3 just to give the earbud a boost!

Ah, that does limit your choice in earphones i suppose. I know AKG do some earphones that are not canal type's, but not sure how they would compare to your PK's?

Again, not owning a Fiio3 amp, i can only imagine that would take away from the excellent sound the X amp delivers and might defeat the object of such a good internal amp in this dap, just my guess[​IMG]

Hope you find some good drivers soon, as the true X sound awaits you sir.

Shame you cannot get on with in the ear, would really open up your option of some of the iem's that are on offer that go very well with the X[​IMG]

6. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

Anyone downloaded the 1.2 firmware for X series?
    Products > Support > Product Support > Digital Audio > NWZ-X1060

Digital Audio Â*|Â* NWZ-X1060Â*|Â*Sony Support Europe

Whats this 12 TONE ANALYSIS function is available?

I think this is for the transfer software on the pc to fix bugs within that and not any firmware upgrade bug fix's of the actual player software itself.

Yeah, what the hell is 12 tone analysis! anyone.

7. Akash
    I was gona go for AKG 319, which are the best earbuds by AKG, but in a review it was close to the YUIN PK2 (Which were too harsh for me)

I think its best to buy an amp! and see,

But I'm still listening to my X!!

The battery doesn't seem to last long, maybe because I have all the sound effects turned on except for the clear stereo, and VPT but EQ on, brightness is on 1.

8. Akash
  9. soozieq
    Quote:

The battery doesn't seem to last long, maybe because I have all the sound effects turned on except for the clear stereo, and VPT but EQ on, brightness is on 1.[/COLOR]

Akash, is your wifi turned off? You might get longer life out of it once it's been charged a few times.

And the firmware update is for the content transfer tool.

# Additional function of Content Transfer Version 1.2
    Video file conversion function is available.
    This feature is available for WALKMAN models that can play WMV files.
    Refer to the Operation Guide of your WALKMAN to see which models support WMV files.
    # Automatic Update function is available.
    # Windows Media Digital Rights Management (DRM) files (e.g., WMA, WMV) are supported.

10. Akash
    How do I know if my WIFI is ON or OFF, I've not used it yet.

Is there a symbol on the display screen?

Thanks Sooieq and FortisFlyer75

11. soozieq
    Quote:

How do I know if my WIFI is ON or OFF, I've not used it yet.

Is there a symbol on the display screen.

What does content transfer tool actually mean?

Thanks Sooiez and FortisFlyer75

The content transfer tool is on the CD that came with the X.
    I don't use it at all, I just use Explorer or WMP to transfer and I don't use the X for video.

Re: the wifi. Go into 'settings' and look for 'Wireless LAN settings'. Select it and then see if it's on or off. The symbol only appears on the top right of the screen if it's actually connected to a network.

12. Akash
    'Wireless LAN settings'- Wifi was ON!! Turned it off
    Thank you

13. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

Found out what 12 Tone analysis is...
    goto:
    Sony Global - Technology - 12 Tone Analysis

Talk about gobley gook!

Is anyone going to find this feature usefull?

If it improves shuffle mode in anyway thus not repeating certain songs with a strange regular occurance or play two or even there songs in a row from the same album then that would be great.

14. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

I was gona go for AKG 319, which are the best earbuds by AKG, but in a review it was close to the YUIN PK2 (Which were too harsh for me)

I think its best to buy an amp! and see,

But I'm still listening to my X!!

The battery doesn't seem to last long, maybe because I have all the sound effects turned on except for the clear stereo, and VPT but EQ on, brightness is on 1.

Even with my Naim headphone amp and power supply which is around £500+ worth there is not a huge gulf of difference in improvement over the X sound by itself, i actually prefer to go back to direct hp out when i am not listening to full size cans, as the X amp gives it that unique sig that it has.

I think even CN11 has stated there is not a world of difference between his Shadow amp and the X alone.

I think it's still the bud's possibly Akash?

Is there a reason you cannot have in ear canal iem's or does it just bug you having it in the ear? as it is a shame you cannot have canal iem's.

Most probably having most setting's on will drain the battery a little quicker, but like SooZieq pointed out, wifi turned on would be a killer.

Have you also tried having all those settings off as maybe that is discolouring and distorting the sound somewhat.

I usually have all my setting off. Ths may be why my battery last a looong time[​IMG]

15. cn11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Even with my Naim headphone amp and power supply which is around £500+ worth there is not a huge gulf of difference in improvement over the X sound by itself, i actually prefer to go back to direct hp out when i am not listening to full size cans, as the X amp gives it that unique sig that it has.

I think even CN11 has stated there is not a world of difference between his Shadow amp and the X alone.

I think it's still the bud's possibly Akash?

Is there a reason you cannot have in ear canal iem's or does it just bug you having it in the ear? as it is a shame you cannot have canal iem's.

Most probably having most setting's on will drain the battery a little quicker, but like SooZieq pointed out, wifi turned on would be a killer.

Have you also tried having all those settings off as maybe that is discolouring and distorting the sound somewhat.

I usually have all my setting off. Ths may be why my battery last a looong time[​IMG]

Correct. The difference is not huge, but it can be noticeable with better quality recordings. Think of it this way, a very high quality amp takes the SQ of the X and sort of expands on its strengths. Soundstage gets more encompassing, and deepens, and bass gets deeper as well. Those are the two biggest areas of change that I hear. If I had to quantify the amount of quality gain I hear, I'd say about 10-20%... The ALO Rx is also a very nice match with the X and takes it to another level. The X does sound so good on its own that when you go back to listening it alone, it quickly becomes enjoyable again.

Since the Shadow is on loan over The Pond, maybe soozieq can describe what she's hearing with it now too. [​IMG]

First

Back
163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172
174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183
Next

Last