1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by soozieq, May 14, 2009.
First

Back
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182
Next

Last
  1. estreeter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Cn11, would you recommend amping the X out of its headphone out or purchasing a dock for it?

I dont have the Rx, and I dont have a dock, but the HP-out on the X is a cracker for mine. Taking a fairly cheap cable from the HP out into either the T3 or my integrated amp (I use the Topaz as my DAC for this) makes me very happy, and running it without an amp at work continues to be a joy : as long as people realise they wont be driving the K601/HD600 with the X+T3, its all good.

As mentioned, the X is a long way from neutral, but I absolutely love what comes from the headphone out. I know I'm repeating myself tonite, but anything that continues to blow me away after 8+ hours a day listening to it is worth the odd post, IMO.

2. cn11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Cn11, would you recommend amping the X out of its headphone out or purchasing a dock for it? I've read that in your case, the dock adds distortion to the mix when coupled with full sized phones. Gauging from impressions though, more improvements are discernible when the X is amped through the dock. Did I interpret this correctly? [​IMG]

I wonder how much improvement can be had with the dock-Pico combination. I'll probably purchase the dock since I could hear very little improvement when amping the X through its headphone out. But the distortion issues are really creeping me out.

Cn11, did you find that turning off clear bass solved the distortion issue for you?

Many thanks.

I think the dock may add in the tiniest gain over amping the HO. It's very very close though. And since I like to keep CB at +1 it's hard to keep the dock in the mix, since it doesn't allow for how I prefer to have things. But yeah, when I take down CB, the distortion goes away. So it is a hard call as to whether it's worth it to pick up the dock... and I'm evaluating if I want to keep it. I just may, as I like to be able to just plop the X on the dock and charge it at work while listening.

3. Akash
    Just bought the SONY NWZ X1060 32gb, Comparing to my Sony NWZ A728, it sounds more smoother, and the sound is more rounded off...

However I still like the Sound of my NWZ A728 more,

I think I need to give it more time, listening,

I've read that this X series improved with time..burn in...is that true?

4. cn11
    It does change for the better after about a week of listening. People should give it a week's burn in before passing final judgement. The soundstage opens up quite a bit, and it takes on a more expansive sound in comparison to the A series.

Hope it works out for you, and shows its true potential.

5. Akash
    Thank you cn11, I hope to use it for at least a month or two before selling it if it does not improve, but I'm hoping it will!

6. cn11
    It should improve. Many owners have noticed things opening up and treble detail getting richer. Keep us updated, and keep comparing directly against the 728 so you have that as a benchmark to notice the changes in the X.

Enjoy!

7. Buckster
    I sent mine back to amazon without opening as thought it was overpriced at £230

now at £190 I'm may re-order !!

8. Akash
    Yes cn11 will do!
    Ta

9. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I sent mine back to amazon without opening as thought it was overpriced at £230

now at £190 I'm may re-order !!

Why did you send it back with out evening opening it as you knew the price when ordering it was £230 to start with??

£230 is worth it for the sound Q alone not taking into account it is not the perfect all round player, but saying that, what dap out there does tick all the boxes at the moment?

Give it a try, especially @ £190. Sounds like 64gb daps are driving the X price down a bit.

10. deusofhearts
    I'm a little more frivolous with my money than most on here. To me $300 for the X's SQ alone is well worth it. Given the opportunity to buy an iPod nano for $20 vs an X for $300 under the condition that I cannot resell or regift, I would still go for the X in a heartbeat. Especially after hearing the X, I can't imagine going to a device that sounds 90% of the X even if I saved $200. With the cheaper DAP, the 10% that's missing will be magnified and be much more apparent to me than the 90% that's the same.

These past 2 weeks with the X I've been listening to it for 4-5 hours a day in the library and sometimes into the night. I'll probably clock in several hundred hours of blissful listening on the X before this years end.

11. Akash
    I neva thought this would happen!!?

I've got the A729 and think OR thought

it was better sounding

but I can't stop listening to my X1060!! That says something!!

I'm shocked, I really can't stop listening to it!!WOW! help!!!

12. cn11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I neva thought this would happen!!?

I've got the A729 and think OR thought

it was better sounding

but I can't stop listening to my X1060!! That says something!!

I'm shocked, I really can't stop listening to it!!WOW! help!!!

It must be going through its documented opening up stage. And don't worry about the can't stop listening bit, it happens to all of us who get the X, well most anyway. [​IMG]

13. Akash
    I'm finding it giving me mild listening fatigue, even though I listen to low volume..5-8 using YUIN PK3.

Just realised if I upgrade to Yuin PK1, Sound of this X is going to be unbelieveable..

Anyone experience listening fatigue of any kind?

14. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I'm finding it giving me mild listening fatigue, even though I listen to low volume..5-8 using YUIN PK3.

Just realised if I upgrade to Yuin PK1, Sound of this X is going to be unbelieveable..

Anyone experience listening fatigue of any kind?

I have not heard the PK's at all, is it the pairing of your iem's with the X is not the best synergy going maybe?

Have you another pair of iem's to try out.

I personally have not had listening fatigue with the X using Senn IE8's, Shure E500's, JVC fx500's, AKG 702's, the X i can listen to for hours on end[​IMG]

15. midoo1990
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I have not heard the PK's at all, is it the pairing of your iem's with the X is not the best synergy going maybe?

Have you another pair of iem's to try out.

I personally have not had listening fatigue with the X using Senn IE8's, Shure E500's, JVC fx500's, AKG 702's, the X i can listen to for hours on end[​IMG]

fortisflyer,you use the AKG702 with it?is the X that powerful?from what i read the AKG needs a desktop amp to operate it well and make it sound proper.i have some cash coming up in a few days and i may reconsider getting the X from reading all these praises again but i still doubt if it is worth all that money!oh well........

First

Back
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182
Next

Last