I have lame friends
Aug 2, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #16 of 27
Well I asked everyone and no one wanted to go. Next year I'm going to every festival I feel like going to regardless of whether or not people go.

To everyone concerned about my social life, I am having a rather pleasant weekend even though I didn't make it to Lolla. Spent all day hanging out by my pool with the same lame friends who don't go to concerts.
tongue.gif

Also headphones! Thinking some Denon d2000s

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #17 of 27
I have similar friends like you. Because of that, I've missed so many great concerts. Once seeing a comment on youtube saying that I should go alone rather than missing something spectacular, that's when I started. I just saw a concert couple of days ago. I feel sorry for the people that didn't go. I'm about to go to a festival soon, of course none of my friends want to go, so yet again, I'm at it alone, but I will certainly be enjoying the music.

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought tickets for 2 concerts that I'm going to alone. They single concerts, not festivals, but I'm enough of an introvert to go to a festival alone as well.

As did I.
I actually find it enjoyable.
Plus if the venue is close, I will see people I know there anyway.

Aug 4, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, the artist I wanted to go to is Asaf Avidan, check his music at youtube.
His best hit: YouTube - Asaf Avidan & The Mojos - Hangwoman

Hey, neat stuff. He'd go pretty well in the Chicago-land area... Been to Israel 4 times, never got to see live music.

For me, I went solo in 1994 or thereabouts to a Mark Burgess and the Sons of God tour. They were supposedly doing the "last ever" Chameleons UK set, and I COULDN'T miss it. Met up with a gent there waiting in line, and they mistakenly let a few of us in the venue. As some guys were coming to clear the unwanteds out, we stuck close to some ladies who were "with the band" and were able to stay for the sound check.

It was a great concert, and I found out the guy had dated a neighbor of mine! Small world.

Of course, the Chameleons re-formed again, at least for a little while, and I got to see them live as a whole band. An incredible experience!

So, as others say, go to the concert alone, don;t get hung up over firends who won't. You'll likely meet some other fans and have a great time.

Aug 5, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of phones?

I'm looking for some Denon 2ks. I need to sell my second pair of sextetts first though.

Hmmmmmm (looks at signature)? Want to trade?

Aug 5, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for some Denon 2ks. I need to sell my second pair of sextetts first though.

Hmmmmmm (looks at signature)? Want to trade?

Since I did my own mod to them, I can't put them down. I have heard really good things about the Sextetts though and the one I listened to at the meet was sweet for sure. The Denon's just have the low end that satisfies like no other. I suppose I need to come out of the closet.... "Hello, my name is Scott, and I am a closet BassHead..."

I was just wondering if you treated yourself to a new pair of cans.

Jun 7, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #27 of 27
Interesting post you wrote.

I go to concerts and many events alone because I have broad interests in many things. People around me are not interested in my passions.

I even go to restaurants alone because I love different foods from around the world and nobody in my environment is interested in expanding their taste buds and foodie adventures. It’s within human nature to mostly eat what you grew up with - which I disagree with.

My point is don’t let people around you prevent you from exploring life. (Assuming that you’re not married and have no kids) If you can afford it, go out and go alone. For me, I don’t get lonely. I’m used to being the odd ball in the crowd. Enjoy what you like and if nobody else cares, don’t let that stop you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back