i have a chance to buy the MS2i.. should i?
Mar 11, 2006 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Roasty

Headphoneus Supremus
i used to have the grado 325i but sold it after a month. i thought i was going to use the funds recuperated to splurge on a pair of SA5k, but instead, the money went to funding a pair of ER4P and an RS Hornet.

thinking back, i really enjoyed the 325i. yes, they were much brighter than my HD650 but i think its a quality which grows on you considering how great they sound with rock, with to die for guitar solos and slamming tight bass.

there is now a shop in Singapore which brings in the MS2i so if i wanted to buy them, they would be a bus ride away. they're not that much more expensive than if i were to order them from alessandro, maybe about US$10-15 more than the online price, but then i wouldnt need to wait for them, and no worry of having them lost in the mail/held up in customs.

the question is, would the money be better used elsewhere? should i instead think about buying the SA5k again? or should i spend the money buying a diamond mini to mini from RnBaudio and a P-S converter for my ER4P? should i consider other cans/or an amp upgrade?

my setup now:
home: cambridge audio azur640c ver2 - QED Qunex2 ic - little dot ii - HD650 with stock cables
portable: ipod 5g - pocketdock - stock pocketdock mini to mini - hornet - ER4P

as u can see, i have quite a few options for upgrade ie better amp, change the HD650 cables etc etc

any advice? or should i just splurge on the MS2i?

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 7
I feeel the same way you do so now I have the 325i comming in a couple of days, do it!!!
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #4 of 7
Thirded, go back to the one you love.

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 7
get the ms2i. name your childern ms2i. paint pictures of ms2i anywhere.. join our cult.

Honestly they are great, you might like them better, or you may go crazy and post strange things about them like that only a true madman could understand... you know the type ; ).

Go get them try them out, don't like them? Return them... I love my pair.

Mar 11, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
get the ms2i. name your childern ms2i. paint pictures of ms2i anywhere.. join our cult.

Honestly they are great, you might like them better, or you may go crazy and post strange things about them like that only a true madman could understand... you know the type ; ).

Go get them try them out, don't like them? Return them... I love my pair.

I've had them for a few months, but only recently joined the cult. The MS2i has some sort of magical driver in it. Made with the wings of pixies, they are!

Mar 11, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #7 of 7
I say that if you liked the SR325i, then get them! However, I must say that the Hornet/Black Diamond/ER4P-24/ER4P combination is very good. I have that combo right now and I highly recommend it. I also use my Hornet/Black Diamond with the SR325i and the synergy is great. In essence, you can't go wrong either way, but personally, if I was in your shoes I would get the SR325i instead of the ER4P-24 + Black diamond because the difference would be greater.

SA5k is good as well. If you liked the ER4p, then the SA5k would be right up your alley.

ARGH...I'm not helping you, am i? Get them all is what I recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back