I have 700 dollars(help me)
Oct 31, 2002 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

raif

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey everybody. I used to post here all the time but after reading about a million posts on the Sony V6 I lost interest. However, I am now sitting on 700 bucks that needs to be blown on sound equipment.
I was thinking about getting:
AT ATH-A100Ti
or the AT w100
because I loved closed phones.

But, I am still running my source out of the headphone jack of a sony d-25s.
So... if anyone has any suggestions, maybe upgrading to a cool new source(doesn't have to be portable)
or a portable like the ct-570 and some great amp before I blow all my money on my fourth pair of headphones let me know.

I posted here because this seems to be the most popular place plus I would like to hear a little about the Audio Technicas before I send audiocubes 400 bucks.

Oh and I am not much in to used equipment.(unless it is the w2002)
I have grados, sony v6s and the phillips hp890 already. if anyone cares

Oct 31, 2002 at 8:29 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi,
Get them both!
biggrin.gif

Sorry, the W100 is good for jazz and slower pace musics. I have the A-100Ti, and the built quality on this headphone is impressive. "yes" it sounds great too. It has very deep bass with out boommy. The high and overall clarity is excellent. The soundstage is wider than my HD-580. Oh, the A100ti is very balanced and very efficient. It sounds great from every source (all of mine anyway).

Purk

Oct 31, 2002 at 8:50 AM Post #4 of 6
I would suggest spending about $500 of that on source and amp instead, then perhaps selling some of your headphones (or all, if you can deal with that) to add to the remaining $200 to buy one of the Audio Technicas or another higher-end headphone than your current models.

Oct 31, 2002 at 9:00 AM Post #5 of 6
do you have an amp raif? looking at your profile, apparently you don't. so i definitely second DanG for the amp suggestion. upgrading your source would also definitely improve your whole rig. you can get both for approximately $400 (a meta42 and a sony NS500V), and still have enough money for great headphones.

Nov 1, 2002 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 6
Be aware that while people argue about the terminology "closed headphone" that the W100 does not isolate all that well. If that's your motivation, you may want to consider that.

I second (or third) the notion of considering a good stationary source such as a DVD player and a dedicated amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back