I have $300 for a new pair of headphones with style and bass
Jun 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

recneps

New Head-Fier
What headphone shouold i get? It needs to have good bass and style so i can show them off to my friends who think that beats are good. they also need to sound good cuz i love to listen to music and i like the details. Lastly, i live on a farm so durability is very important. Nuff said

I was thinking V Moda m-100's?

EDIT: The type of music i generally listen to is hip hop, rap, and piano music

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 25
Style is subjective.

Best headphones on the planet at $300 (IMHO) are the NAD Visio HP50's.

They meet your bass requirement but "most" think they look pretty odd with the funky shaped headband.

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 25
I seem to spend half my life recommending these about the place (probably because they're the only pair that I've tried ;P) but I genuinely think that something by Atomic Floyd would be perfect for you. They are built like rocks, and so take a hell of a beating, they have epic bass, and I've never seen a cooler-looking pair of earphones than the pairs that AF produce. I bought my PowerJax hoping for some audiophile-grade headphones, and was somewhat disappointed, but they are a HUGE step up from supplied buds and the like.
Have a look at the PowerJax, SuperDarts and HiDefDrum: http://www.atomicfloyd.com/

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 25
And it would appear Atomic Floyd doesn't seem to produce a single pair of headphones, which is what the OP is asking for. SMH. 

I don't own the V-Modas, but it sounds like they're what you're looking for if you're seeking durability. They should sound good, but unless you give more information than loving to listen to music (fancy that) and hearing the details, people won't be able to make any other recommendations. 

That said, the V-Modas seem to check all the boxes you've provided, so they sound like a safe bet. I reiterate: I do not own them, I cannot comment on anything about them. What I say is based on what I've read. Go ask in the relevant Threads if you want to know more from people who actually own them. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #5 of 25
And it would appear Atomic Floyd doesn't seem to produce a single pair of headphones, which is what the OP is asking for. SMH. 

'Headphone' is a blanket term that covers IEMs, full-size, ear buds and all associated, as far as my experience goes. Headphones are what everyone calls their personal kit where I live, regardless of it's form factor.

A more constructive response might have been, "I think the OP was looking for some on-ear headphones, rather than in-ears, maybe he should try these," rather than trying to imply that I'm somehow stupid.
People on the internet have feelings too, you know :/

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #6 of 25
Oh really? As far as I'd learnt, headphones refer to audio devices that rest on your head while earphones refer to the ones that rest in the ear. I truly thought that's the basic reason for the different terms. In fact, I was corrected by someone a long time ago which is why I make the distinction now. Oh well, learn something every day. 

Your feelings were hurt by that? Wow, I'll do my best not to comment on anything you write in the future. Not being snarky or sarcastic or trying to hurt your feelings there, by the way, just genuinely concerned that my general nature and style of writing would be highly upsetting to you because that wasn't even one of my more "hateful" remarks. 

To clarify, I wasn't trying to make you feel stupid, I was trying to encourage people to read since I was under the impression that headphones refer to a different thing from buds and IEMs entirely. So your suggestion of Atomic Floyd products came across, to me, as you not having read the original post properly. I regularly see people recommending ... full-size, for example, when people ask for IEMs. Or highly expensive products when they ask for products under $50. 

So yeah. Sorry if I hurt your feels, I was simply trying to mildly reprimand what seemed to me a lack of attention. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #7 of 25
'Headphone' is a blanket term that covers IEMs, full-size, ear buds and all associated, as far as my experience goes. Headphones are what everyone calls their personal kit where I live, regardless of it's form factor.

A more constructive response might have been, "I think the OP was looking for some on-ear headphones, rather than in-ears, maybe he should try these," rather than trying to imply that I'm somehow stupid.
People on the internet have feelings too, you know :/

I preffer over the ear closed headphones, since i wil bring them with me everywhere

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #8 of 25
Do some more research on the M100s, it sounds like they're what you looking for. You'll be able to get better information from people who own them, of course. 

Although taking something everywhere is usually associated with portability which is usually not associated with Full-Size headphones, it seems like V-Moda finds portability a very important feature. Along with durability, fashion and (allegedly) bass. Ticks all your boxes. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #10 of 25
  thanks for the help i'm gonna order them. And just a little off topic i'm gonna go with the custom design and put the beats logo on it haha

Tragically I don't believe VMODA will use any trademarked designs. I thiiiiiink someone in the M100 thread tried to get a beats logo with a circle and slash and it got rejected.

That said, my M100s are my babies even if they actually see the least amount of time on my head. They're AWESOME headphones. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #12 of 25
  Hey i just found out Apple bought Beats for 3 billion dollars. Maybe they will be made somewhat decent in the future

If you're interested in the Beats style of sound, the Mixr/Solo2/Studio2013 are all good products. No foolin'.

Jun 24, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #15 of 25
  I heard those beats at best buy, they are formidable opponents to these headphones in the $30 range. Felt bit flimsy to be used as a necklace.

Yeah, then you heard them through a POS unit that they're all wired into. Best Buy, Brookstone, all of those rigs are terrible no matter what headphone you're trying. Several I've used didn't even work in one ear but I'd be an idiot to say "dude, Beats sucks, one side doesn't even work."

PROTIP: unless you're listening to a headphone directly plugged into the source chain, you haven't heard it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back