I Hate It When People Yell Like This And Can't Stop! Help! Capslock Is Broken!
Aug 17, 2002 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 25
I agree with you Nick. I only read his whole post after I read your post . Normally I wouldn't have bothered. What I don't understand is why people don't first do searches. When I first started trying to decide on a headphone amp I spent hours searching the forum for opinions. Searching the forums is the only way to even attempt to get a well rounded view.

Aug 17, 2002 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 25
LOL ! Skittles in my ears indeed...
tongue.gif

Aug 17, 2002 at 9:10 PM Post #8 of 25
PARDON MOI. I WAS IN A STRANGE MOOD. THAT'S WHY I WAS WEARING W100'S. THE EARWOOD MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A STORMTROOPER SO THAT KIDS WON'T ASK ME FOR ICE CREAM MUNEY. I NEED IT TO BUY N'SYNC CD'S. I CAN'T COPY THEM ANYMORE. COPY PROTECTION SOUNDS LIKE RATS CHEWING ON TINFOIL. COOL BUT NOT N'SYNC. ACTUALLY, I AM RAISING A SMALL SQUIRREL IN EACH EARCUP. THERE IS ONLY ROOM FOR ONE ACORN. WILL ACORNS HELP THE MIDRANGE TO COME OUT, OR WILL IT STAY IN THE FONES? SHOULD I TRY WALNUTS INSTEAD? SHOULD I CHANGE THE WOOD? SHOULD I CARVE IT INTO CHRISTMAS SHAPES? I HEARD SANTA FACES SOUND BETTER. IS THIS TRUE? CAN ANYONE HELP! PLEASE HELP! HELLLLPPPPP!!! I AM HUNGRY! I CANNOT FIND THE BATHROOM!!! I DO NOT WANT TO SOIL MY PANTALOONS!!! HEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Aug 17, 2002 at 9:22 PM Post #10 of 25
Stop it, you're killing me ! (I'm gonna soil MY pantaloons
biggrin.gif
) A small squirrel in each earcup, ROTFLMAO ! Oh, I gotta come up for air...

Aug 17, 2002 at 9:25 PM Post #11 of 25
If we were mean people, we'd recommend this sort of advice:

"Yes, veneering the W100's and drilling small holes in the wood in the shape of a large spiral will add depth and realism. You will think Celine Dion is right there literally spitting in your face! I also recommend baking the headphones at 350 degrees for 30 minutes to harden the drivers properly. Hardened drivers sound much more refined than ordinary raw drivers. Finally, plug the W100's into a 500W poweramp using a cable adapter and play them on the highest possible setting for at least 12 hours. After that, your headphones will be properly broken in. Have fun!"

Luckily, we're not mean people.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 17, 2002 at 9:27 PM Post #12 of 25
Wait, I'm a bit confused about this squirrel thing. Does it matter what kind of squirrel it is? I'm also assuming that they have to match, to prevent a mismatch in sound/levels. . .

Aug 17, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Wait, I'm a bit confused about this squirrel thing. Does it matter what kind of squirrel it is? I'm also assuming that they have to match, to prevent a mismatch in sound/levels. . .

Just be glad he didn't say possum

Aug 17, 2002 at 9:42 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
If we were mean people, we'd recommend this sort of advice:

"Yes, veneering the W100's and drilling small holes in the wood in the shape of a large spiral will add depth and realism. You will think Celine Dion is right there literally spitting in your face! I also recommend baking the headphones at 350 degrees for 30 minutes to harden the drivers properly. Hardened drivers sound much more refined than ordinary raw drivers. Finally, plug the W100's into a 500W poweramp using a cable adapter and play them on the highest possible setting for at least 12 hours. After that, your headphones will be properly broken in. Have fun!"

Luckily, we're not mean people.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aren't you forgetting the ice bath and liberal application of WD40 ?

Oh, and I'd love to explore the baked vs. raw driver issue with you, but I believe it would be better served in the DIY forum
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2002 at 11:18 PM Post #15 of 25
You know, not to spoil the fun, but I don't find it any harder to read all caps than to read a message written with no caps (carlo!). Actually, I don't find either too hard -- it's the no puncuation that kills me ... luckily I don't think there are too many people here that write that way.

Regardless, I don't think mocking the poor people helps anything. There are a lot of people who don't spend countless hours typing, or are entirely new to computers, and consequently can't type too well ... I think they deserve as serious a response as anyone else.

So there, Nick "THE HICK!"
wink.gif

kerelybonto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back