I guess amp burn-in is real...
Jul 5, 2008 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

troymadison

Headphoneus Supremus
My big joe power amp went through some changes. At first they sounded a tad bit too bright for my K1000 so I bought some OP Amps. However, without even touching any of my system with new op amps, the highs are not shrill or bright anymore after like 20 or so hours of using it. The sound is darker which adds some noticeable bass. I am extremely happy with the K1000 now, I can't image anything sounding better.

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its not real: your imagining things, and becoming accustomed to a foul sound.

You make me quite displeased
frown.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #5 of 10
Did you actual smell the burn-in? There should come off some smoke..

Jul 5, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #6 of 10
/me believe in burn-in of any audio component.
Source, amplification, cables, transducer, ...

Jul 5, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #7 of 10
Me too, but it can be a pain in the ass to have like new headphones and have to burn em in for 300hrs
mad.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nutric08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All audio components need burn in. It's common knowledge by now. Audio compnents are like wine. They just get better with age
wink.gif

I'd disagree that burn-in is common knowledge, but it's true that very few people refute the idea anymore.

Jul 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd disagree that burn-in is common knowledge, but it's true that very few people refute the idea anymore.

Maybe it is so, but if anyone ever listened NEW components for just a few first hours of they're life noticed the change in sound signature. I've witnessed it myself countless times. Nevertheless burn-in should be common knowledge!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back