I Got SLICSOUND
Mar 30, 2002 at 12:31 AM Post #16 of 34
I appreciate the post LTUCCI1924. I have a pair of mx-400's and this looks like the cure to the problems I've been having with them. The darn things won't go IN my ear, so I can hear treble fine, but mids lack and bass is nearly nonexistant. I'll check out those slicksound's cuz I can't listen to them the way they are, so they feel like such a waste just sitting there.

Mar 30, 2002 at 12:49 AM Post #17 of 34
Is he faking? Well if he is so what? And if he isn't then maybe you just lost an impoertant memeber to the forum. This is a community, not a grade school cafeteria. If anything, College kids should be the most understanding of anyone. Hell LTUCCI1924's from the ghetto, so what do you expect? Do you want everyone posting here to be from the same white middle/upper class "hood" speaking fluent "white" talk.

Mar 30, 2002 at 1:08 AM Post #18 of 34
I would like to thank members for bringing my bad spelling to my atendtion. Tomorrow I am going to rat shack and buy a spell chacker and work on my spelling. I guess its never to late to learn how to spell even if I am 60 years old. I respect this forum so much that I am not only willing to learn about grate sound but I am willing to learn about anything else that I can learn about.
Thank You so very much for helping me be a better person

Mar 30, 2002 at 3:19 AM Post #19 of 34
come on guys, dont ridicule others.
I personally think LTUCCI1924 is genuine and if not, what does it matter? This is a head-fi forum not personals. some respect and compassion for all
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2002 at 5:01 AM Post #21 of 34
Spelling? Who cares about spelling, I just wanted to see exactly how hard it was to capitalize every word in my post.

Quote:

If anything, College kids should be the most understanding of anyone. Hell LTUCCI1924's from the ghetto, so what do you expect? Do you want everyone posting here to be from the same white middle/upper class "hood" speaking fluent "white" talk.

I forgot, if you aren't white you can't communicate as well as the rest of us. Thanks for reminding me, I'll be more forgiving now that I know that anyone that isn't white isn't as smart.

Hell, now that I know he left school at 16, I completely understand. I didn't learn capitalization until my senior year in high school either.

(that post was SARCASTIC. I was KIDDING.)

Mar 30, 2002 at 5:11 AM Post #23 of 34
Umm, guys, just to fill you in, sometimes people pretend to be things that they are not on the Internet. Does anyone find it odd that a 60+ year old guy who can't spell is ordering Philips 890s from Germany and buying a spell checker to help him participate in this "forum that he respects so much" that will "help make him a better person"? And have you also noticed that L's spelling has gotten markedly better over a fairly short period? Sigh
rolleyes.gif
There is a bridge in Brooklyn that I would like you all to bid on...
biggrin.gif

Anyway, even if Mssr Tucci is the most sincere person in the forum and is not having some fun or trying to sell Slicsounds on eBay, let me point out that medium and message are sometimes linked. If someone is recommending Slicsounds (which have been roundly trounced by other posters here) than their argument is rendered less persuasive by atrocious spelling. (His grammar by the way is mostly fine though All Words Do Not Need To Be Capitalized.)

I will refram from further comment to avoid offending anyone's tender sensibilities. And I hope you all enjoy your Slicsounds!
evil_smiley.gif
Now if you're excuse me, Hamsterball Z and myself have some puppies to torture...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 30, 2002 at 5:38 AM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by delenda est Sony
Umm, guys, just to fill you in, sometimes people pretend to be things that they are not on the Internet. Does anyone find it odd that a 60+ year old guy who can't spell is ordering Philips 890s from Germany and buying a spell checker to help him participate in this "forum that he respects so much" that will "help make him a better person"? And have you also noticed that L's spelling has gotten markedly better over a fairly short period? Sigh
rolleyes.gif
There is a bridge in Brooklyn that I would like you all to bid on...
biggrin.gif

Nothing against you delenda but,

Why would somebody come to head fi and just start posting bad grammar for the hell of it? What would be their gain? It wouldn't make any sense that a person would come to a headphone forum just to post threads with bad spelling.

Yeah, its just so hard to believe...

Mar 30, 2002 at 5:48 AM Post #26 of 34
Hey Eli---

why would people pretend to be different genders than they are on the Internet? Why would someone create fake people on Net communities and then have them die slowly from a disease or kill themselves suddenly? Even on this site (or was it headwize?) there was a "feminist" headphone poster last year who pretended to be a woman and steered every thread towards a discussion of the misogyny and sexism of the headphone community. Why? who knows??

The world is a strange and terrible place and the Internet is a less real version of this same dark wonderland...And you can quote me on that!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2002 at 5:55 AM Post #27 of 34
Looks like deS has stopped taking his medication again and the paranoid delusions are returning to haunt him.

The world is what you make of it and the internet is a bunch of computers, cables and a couple of satellites.

Try wrapping tinfoil around your head deS it will block out the voices.

tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2002 at 6:13 AM Post #28 of 34
Buddha/Kali---

eh? _Who's_ stopped taking their medication??

The world is what it is, unless you are a solipsist. The Internet is a community of people as much as it is technology. Every example of Internet pretend cited is true. Documentation available if you wish to be tiresome. And you sir remain poor tempered!
tongue.gif
Get back on the Prozac...
biggrin.gif

And I can't fit tin foil around my head with these damn 890s on...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2002 at 6:18 AM Post #29 of 34
lol... whoever it was that suggested that this thread was being used to promote Slicsounds... well, they've done a good job of fanning the flames
wink.gif

To say that they've been on here loads... where? apart from this thread, I've only seen one in general discussion - where are the others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back