I Got Screwed BY USPS. What Can I Do?
May 25, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #31 of 32
Well guess what? USPS deliverd my pack today!!!!!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

No PayPal disputes or anyhting like that. It was 3 weeks late but it is here. Now I have to deal with sending the other pack I ordered back when it gets here next week. Heading for the hills this weekend.

May 26, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by headchange4u
Well guess what? USPS deliverd my pack today!!!!!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

No PayPal disputes or anyhting like that. It was 3 weeks late but it is here. Now I have to deal with sending the other pack I ordered back when it gets here next week. Heading for the hills this weekend.

Congrats! That's good news, and I hope you enjoy your weekend. When you get back, and you deal with shipping the other pack back; be sure to insure it, also
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Wodgy
Headphoneus Supremus

This is the first time that I have had anything lost in transit. In researching my predicament and the responses here, the USPS loses packages constantly. It's amazing that anyone ever uses them. It's a shame that they are affiliated with the US government. That almost guarantees that you apathetic service and there is really nothing you can do about it.

In my experience, USPS is the best conventional shipper. They're the most reliable and the most likely to get an item to the recipient with minimal damage.

UPS is the worst. Total apathy on every level, and by far the most likely to cause significant damage during transit.

With the exception of the MP3 player that never made it to me, I still prefer USPS for receiving items from the US. For me living here in Canada, it's just less expensive, overall.

L Quote:

Blitzula
Headphoneus Supremus

Quote:
This is the first time that I have had anything lost in transit. In researching my predicament and the responses here, the USPS loses packages constantly. It's amazing that anyone ever uses them.

I think the USPS has a pretty good delivery percentage. Not sure how you come up with your conclusion. Have you compared the successful percentage of deliveries between the USPS, FedEx, and UPS?

Last time I checked (about a year ago); Fedex was the winner in that department, with over 98% completed on-time deliveries. UPS was slightly behind at around 97+%. Post-office was last; but you have to take into consideration that they move alot-more stuff than the other 2. If they operated like Fedex and UPS, it would cost alot more to send stuff, including letter mail.

All three, IMO, do a good job of getting stuff to people: whether it be down the street, or to another country. The majority of failed/delayed deliveries in the transportation industry, are a result of one common error: failure on someone's part, to provide required information. I won't even get into why stuff arrives broken, here.

I will post a general shipping guideline over the weekend, when I have more time. I hope it will be beneficial to all the members. My 12 years experience as a courier has shown me one thing over-and-over again: most people don't know the rules, when it comes to shipping stuff larger than a letter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back