I found my source!
Jun 15, 2002 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Kieran Comito

500+ Head-Fier
I finally settled on a source. I auditioned many cd players as well as couple of DVD players. The winner was the Cary 303/200 cd player. It was not even close. I almost did not get it because of the price, but since i think i got a good deal, I payed 2300.00, I went ahead and bought it. I have had it for a month and have No regrets now. If one can afford it, i highly recommend this unit.

Jun 15, 2002 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 11
:high five:
I auditioned it again on Thursday and I loved it even more than before. It'll be the next thing I buy.
smily_headphones1.gif
Totally kick ass man.

Jun 16, 2002 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 11
Not only is it sexy, it is built like a tank. Heck, the remote is even built like a tank! Right now i am using it with the MG Head OTL and HD 600s. My next purchase will be the Sugden Headmaster. From everything i read, it sounds like a great amp to go with the HD 600s. After the Sugden purchase, I better settle down for awhile. This is gettiing costly.

Jun 16, 2002 at 3:36 AM Post #6 of 11
I owe you a great big thanks. I darn near purchased a Pioneer DVD player until I read one of your post raving about the Cary. You got me curious about this unit so I tried it out in my main system for a few days. It was a no brainer to go with the Cary. Thank you for to the tip.

Jun 16, 2002 at 3:46 AM Post #7 of 11
I'm glad you like it, might I save you some money and recommend the META42? This is the amp that I listened to the Cary 303 with and my god was it awesome.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh and yes, the META42 is a tank too.
wink.gif
BTW, I'm just dying to hear the Melos SHA-1 with the Cary 303.

Jun 16, 2002 at 3:51 PM Post #9 of 11
While I agree with Audio&Me on the Cary recommendation, I would suggest that if you have the money to spend on a Sugden Headmaster as your amp, you should skip the Meta42. It is a decent amp for its size and competes well with some amps costing more, but I have doubts that it would compete with the Sugden Headmaster -- I know that I strongly preferred my Melos SHA-1 which can be purchased for around $500-600 nowadays.

The Cary 303 may well be my next player, also -- but that depends on whether I get to hear the new Musical Fidelity A3^24 DAC and see if it compares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back