I Found It! A Match Made in Heaven! My E4Cs AND....
Jun 17, 2005 at 3:07 PM Post #16 of 23
Is the E4c a better match soudwise with this player or with the av320 vranswer?

Jun 17, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
Mr Iriver -
I prefer the e4c to my um2's, which are similar to the e5's (i'm sure vranswer can chime in here if I say something that doesn't apply)

With my iriver flash player, I can bump up the bass pretty well on the e4c's. They still won't get up to the ear-thumping levels the um2 is possible of, but about a 3db boost gets the bass right where I like it. However, no matter what eq'ing I could give the um2, I couldn't get the detail (without harshness) of the e4c out of them. That's just my experience, though.

I remember when I had my Ifp395t. Great and very effective equalizer in it. If I was to boost the bass all the way, would the sound still be as clear or would it muddy making the um2s much cleaner sounding. My H320 goes all the way to +24Db for bass, and +6Db for treble. Do you think +24DB bass boost could achieve UM2 levels with the E4c.

Thanks.

Jun 18, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
True true. I don't know when they switched chips or what they put each in. My 390t can pound your head...haven't really used it in 6 months, though the e507 is a nice looking player. How do you find the navigation?

Navigation is easy once you get used to the unorthodox 'bottletop' rocker switch. OLED display is absolutely the bomb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Is the E4c a better match soudwise with this player or with the av320 vranswer?

I like E4C with both about equal. Obviously, this tiny player has the advantage in the size department. I can wear it and completely forget it's on my belt. No way with AV320.

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #19 of 23
This player does sound very cool... it's even making me think about passing on buying a pair of UM2's and buying it and a pair of E4c's instead! (Smart decision or no?)

Two things i wanted to ask about that haven't been mentioned yet:

- How is the playlist support? Personally, I constantly switch between 3 or 4 much used playlists on my ipod - does the Sony player have this functionality, or is it more of a case of loading all the songs and having to shuffle through them one by one?

- How fast does music transfer across? In the case that playlist support is minimal or not included on the Sony player, is it quick and painless to reload songs onto the player?
Are selections of previously loaded songs saveable in any form on the computer via the included software?

Thanks!

Jun 18, 2005 at 12:49 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonspanki
This player does sound very cool... it's even making me think about passing on buying a pair of UM2's and buying it and a pair of E4c's instead! (Smart decision or no?)

Two things i wanted to ask about that haven't been mentioned yet:

- How is the playlist support? Personally, I constantly switch between 3 or 4 much used playlists on my ipod - does the Sony player have this functionality, or is it more of a case of loading all the songs and having to shuffle through them one by one?

- How fast does music transfer across? In the case that playlist support is minimal or not included on the Sony player, is it quick and painless to reload songs onto the player?
Are selections of previously loaded songs saveable in any form on the computer via the included software?

Thanks!

You can create playlists in Sonic Stage and sync 'em up with the player. Songs are organized via id3 tags so you can choose album, artist, etc. I guess transfer is slow (according to posts from Bangraman), but I really don't notice. It takes as long as it takes, I just walk away and do other stuff until it's done.

If you're asking about saving songs from another computer -> to the player -> to your computer, I'm not sure about that. I only use my computer at home, no interest in any other machines. Sony has been known to be pretty anti-copy oriented, but I really don't know.

Jun 19, 2005 at 11:51 AM Post #22 of 23
No hissing that I can hear. And they sound beautiful, I have to use flat on the bass setting as E5s don't need any help there and just bump the treble a little bit. I hate sibilance, so E5 treble is perfect for me. It's a terrific combination!

Jul 13, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #23 of 23
Hmmm..

I was all ready to get the shuffle, too..

And you know what? I still will!

I just figured out how to use the interface, damn it all to hell!!

(picture a neandrathal with two sticks to rub together)

Plus, I'm getting a porta-pimeta to help with any soundstage/fidelity deficiencies..

It'd be nice if there was someone who had tried both setups (Shuffle/Sony + E4's).

At least if I'm not satisfied with the shuffle, I know where to turn..
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back