I finally got my family hooked on quality 'phones!
Dec 11, 2007 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

zombieDave

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Posts
680
Likes
10
I just wrapped 3 pairs of cans & placed them under the Xmas tree. Two pairs of Equation Audio RP21's (for little & big bro') and one pair of iGrados for the GF. None of them had ever shown much interest in my many sets of cans in the past, but two out of three of the above peeps actually asked for quality headphones this year! Thanks to this forum & the search feature I was able to make informed decisions on which cans to buy for which person. Thanks all of you Head-Fiers!
wink.gif
 
Dec 11, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #5 of 15

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Posts
22,597
Likes
501
You made a mistake.

Assuming they enjoy the headphones you gave them, your family will "borrow" your collection. Get ready to buy your rig all over again!

wink.gif


I'm sure they will appreciate them!
 
Dec 11, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 15

appophylite

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Posts
2,447
Likes
14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You made a mistake.

Assuming they enjoy the headphones you gave them, your family will "borrow" your collection.



Yup. I came home and my Mom had 'requisitioned' a pair of my headphones (Senn HD201) to use to test out her new MP3 player. Next thing I know, she's asked for my entire collection so that she can try them all and select the one she likes most because, in her opinion, "You're only one person and you don't need 8 pairs of phones. You won't miss one."
 
Dec 11, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #8 of 15

jayinhk

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Posts
175
Likes
10
lol wow, nice presents!
smily_headphones1.gif
I should totally give my mom some phones. She watches DVDs on her crappy little portable player and uses the stock speakers. I had some HTX7s, but I just sold them to my cousin.
 
Dec 11, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #9 of 15

Fitz

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 12, 2005
Posts
7,089
Likes
15
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup. I came home and my Mom had 'requisitioned' a pair of my headphones (Senn HD201) to use to test out her new MP3 player. Next thing I know, she's asked for my entire collection so that she can try them all and select the one she likes most because, in her opinion, "You're only one person and you don't need 8 pairs of phones. You won't miss one."


If anybody came and made a demand like that of one of my headphones, I would've flipped out and killed them. After the third time it happens, other people start to catch on and they don't make such demands anymore.
 
Dec 11, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #11 of 15

Fitz

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 12, 2005
Posts
7,089
Likes
15
Quote:

Originally Posted by espire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fitz killed them by hitting them with an Advanced Knife of Girlishness (+4), right?


Come again?
 
Dec 11, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #12 of 15

Chickenman

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 5, 2007
Posts
645
Likes
11
Phew.. Am I glad my parents don't want anything to do with headphones now.. Tried to explain they were JUST 100 dollars, but now they aren't having any of it.
 
Dec 11, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #13 of 15

klenk

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Posts
41
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great choices...but you spent twice as much on your bros as you did your girlfriend?
smily_headphones1.gif



lol. Give the guy a break, I did something like that, too. But in his defense, igrados look more stylish than a full ear can so hey... its not about the money, it's the thought that counts (yeah... right)
cool.gif


Cheers
 
Dec 11, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #14 of 15

robbmcaulay

Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Posts
95
Likes
10
Haha I can relate, I just bought my mum her first MP3 player.

Went with a pink Zen Stone with a pair of Senn PX200s
 
Dec 11, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #15 of 15

kamal007

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Posts
2,138
Likes
15
Quote:

Originally Posted by klenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol. Give the guy a break, I did something like that, too. But in his defense, igrados look more stylish than a full ear can so hey... its not about the money, it's the thought that counts (yeah... right)
cool.gif


Cheers



family first.. havent you heard about that?
biggrin.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top