I feel like a total jerk.
Nov 15, 2002 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Matthew-Spaltro

1000+ M-m-er:Larthenon Marthenon.
I was rude today to a customer. I work at a supermarket. This mother and her kids droped a glass of sauce or something and like always they made me clean it up. The customer was rude at me at first because when I started cleaning up her mess she made this comment. "I dropped this just for you" in a sarcastic tone. After that customer left is when I screwed up. I went back to the bottle room to get a broom to clean up the glass and threr was a customer standing in my way not knowing about the glass on the floor. This is the comment I made in a very mean manner. "I'm trying to pick up glass here"
very_evil_smiley.gif
She backed of in a very quick manner and apologized and called me sir. I think she was a little afraid of me. Of course I was so mad I did not realize my rudeness and tell I came home from work later. Now I feel bad. Now you guys can share your stories
smily_headphones1.gif
When have you been rude and did you feel bad after the fact.

Nov 15, 2002 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 33
umm... let's see...

I used to work for the most lame movie theatre, who always had stale popcorn. Of course, the customers always blamed me for this.

Let's see...

Question: Is your popcorn fresh?

Answer: Define Fresh

Question: Is you popcorn fresh?

Answer: Fresh from Jersey.

Question: It's a bit cold in the theatre

Answer: Put on a sweater

hmm... the rest escape my mind right now.

Nov 15, 2002 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 33
don't worry about it, it happens to the best of us at one time or another, in my case more than one time!!!

what really irritates me is when someone takes a rude tone with you and you return the favor and they end up making a complaint about you to your boss.....

Nov 15, 2002 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 33
Well, i got really pissed off when I found out my old boss was paying me less than a friend of mine with the same job... I called her (my boss) and yelled at her on the phone in a threatening manner... You'd think such behavior would get me fired... but no, I actually got a 20% raise instead!!

Nov 16, 2002 at 12:06 AM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
don't worry about it, it happens to the best of us at one time or another, in my case more than one time!!!

what really irritates me is when someone takes a rude tone with you and you return the favor and they end up making a complaint about you to your boss.....

Thats true. I was rude at the wrong customer. I should have been rude to the first. Not the second.

Nov 16, 2002 at 12:06 AM Post #8 of 33
I should try that yelling at my boss thing.

I worked in a movie theater long ago too. I once had a gentleman in a cowboy hat with a big handlebar mustache ask me at the box office, "Whut time duss the five forty five Unforgiven start?" I paused. Slowly, I leaned into my microphone and said, "Five forty five, sir." The gentleman nodded his head in agreement like that made sense for him and that I'd somehow conveyed useful information to him. It was unreal.

But I guess it wasn't really rude.

I suppose the rudest things I've said I've said to women because they seem the most sensitive to things. This example comes to mind. Once, long ago, in the days of yore and BBSs, I met a girl over a BBS who seemed interested in me. There were actually girls on computers in those days and I'm not sure why. We met and I knew right away I had no interest in this one. She seemed perhaps a little above average in weight though in truth this wasn't why I was disinterested in her (her personality was key here). So, as you can imagine, two of my friends were in the car with me and this girl when I decided to launch into a series of fat chick jokes. My favorite was always, "How do you have sex with a fat chick?" (We actually said something besides "have sex" but you get the idea.) "Roll her in flour and look for a wet spot." Guys love that joke. I've not met a woman yet, of any porportion, who laughed. I was successful at deflecting the lust of this young one. She moved on to being intersted in one of my friends in the car, then gave up later and moved onto the other, and finally to a mutual friend who wasn't there that day. They were together for a while and have since split up. He is still teased for having ever dated her... and not for her size.

So there, that was rude.

Nov 16, 2002 at 12:12 AM Post #9 of 33
LOL. Thats ALL you could think of.

Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
I should try that yelling at my boss thing.

I worked in a movie theater long ago too. I once had a gentleman in a cowboy hat with a big handlebar mustache ask me at the box office, "Whut time duss the five forty five Unforgiven start?" I paused. Slowly, I leaned into my microphone and said, "Five forty five, sir." The gentleman nodded his head in agreement like that made sense for him and that I'd somehow conveyed useful information to him. It was unreal.

But I guess it wasn't really rude.

I suppose the rudest things I've said I've said to women because they seem the most sensitive to things. This example comes to mind. Once, long ago, in the days of yore and BBSs, I met a girl over a BBS who seemed interested in me. There were actually girls on computers in those days and I'm not sure why. We met and I knew right away I had no interest in this one. She seemed perhaps a little above average in weight though in truth this wasn't why I was disinterested in her (her personality was key here). So, as you can imagine, two of my friends were in the car with me and this girl when I decided to launch into a series of fat chick jokes. My favorite was always, "How do you have sex with a fat chick?" (We actually said something besides "have sex" but you get the idea.) "Roll her in flour and look for a wet spot." Guys love that joke. I've not met a woman yet, of any porportion, who laughed. I was successful at deflecting the lust of this young one. She moved on to being intersted in one of my friends in the car, then gave up later and moved onto the other, and finally to a mutual friend who wasn't there that day. They were together for a while and have since split up. He is still teased for having ever dated her... and not for her size.

So there, that was rude.

cool.gif
cool.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 12:17 AM Post #11 of 33
No. Ok, here's one.

My ex and I had a mutual friend who was getting married. We found out on a Saturday afternoon that they wanted us to be there for the event on the following Tuesday afternoon. I don't know if you yankees have the expression "shotgun wedding", but let's just say they were in a hurry to get wed. So of course we made the arrangements to get there and bring gifts and even take pictures, the only friends of theirs there at all mind you...

So we got them a card, right? We had to have the perfect card. This one said, "May the love that brought you together continue to grow."

Nov 16, 2002 at 12:19 AM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

No. Ok, here's one.

My ex and I had a mutual friend who was getting married. We found out on a Saturday afternoon that they wanted us to be there for the event on the following Tuesday afternoon. I don't know if you yankees have the expression "shotgun wedding", but let's just say they were in a hurry to get wed. So of course we made the arrangements to get there and bring gifts and even take pictures, the only friends of theirs there at all mind you...

So we got them a card, right? We had to have the perfect card. This one said, "May the love that brought you together continue to grow."

Call me dumb but I don't get it.

Nov 16, 2002 at 12:34 AM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
when ever your rude you let the devil take a peace of your soul. I just made that up
very_evil_smiley.gif

damn... i'm definetly going to hell then

Nov 16, 2002 at 12:40 AM Post #14 of 33
Don't Worry, Be Happy
From the Movie "Cocktails"
Performed by Bobby McFerrin

Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy......

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The land lord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, be happy
Lood at me I am happy
Don't worry, be happy
Here I give you my phone number
When you worry call me
I make you happy
Don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got not girl to make you smile
But don't worry be happy
Cause when you worry
Your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy (now).....

There is this little song I wrote
I hope you learn it note for note
Like good little children
Don't worry, be happy
Listen to what I say
In your life expect some trouble
But when you worry
You make it double
Don't worry, be happy......
Don't worry don't do it, be happy
Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down like this
Don't worry, it will soon past
Whatever it is
Don't worry, be happy

Nov 16, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

ooooh ****, wonderful, you really did it ?
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back