I feel a deep void within my soul...
Feb 22, 2009 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

1000+ Head-Fier
I just sold my first ever Alessandro MS1. I had sold a pair before, but I just sold the first head-fi investment I had EVER made.

My first "hi-fi" can is GONE to a new home! FOREVER!

Oh the sadness...

I didn't really care about selling the HD555, since I was going to eventually, but my MS1, my very first MS1...

...I don't have children of my own, but I feel like I have just sold my firstborn.

What have I done?!?!? No, come baaaaaaaaack...
confused_face.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 4
I have learned that every piece of gear I have considered a take-it-to-the-grave item finds a time to go, and I'm even thinking of selling the Stax. On the other hand, I'm starting to make a short list of gear that I've parted with and re-acquired, a Dyna Stereo 35 amp, and a B&O MMC20EN phono cartridge. The list may grow, but there is just no use forming attachments to mere gear. You got family, friends, health, a job? If so, rejoice!
smile.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 4
^Yep, if ya got friends, health and nowadays a job, be glad.
Maybe you can set your sights on another piece of gear, like the HD800's or a fancy pants tube amp or something.
For me it's not necessarily about something better, just something different, and new stuff is coming out all the time.

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Oh guys, don't take me seriously.

I sold the little beasts to raise funds for an RS1.

Mmm, yes!

I will never part with my MS2i though. I love that thing. And the HD580 is discontinued, so who knows what will happen to it in the long run (pricewise).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back