I.E.M. (Steven Wilson / Porcupine Tree fans, heads up)
May 12, 2004 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

minya

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone here familiar with I.E.M., one of Steven Wilson's (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Bass Communion, Opeth, etc.) sideprojects? Well, if not, you should be. It's amazing.

All I've heard so far is Arcadia Son which SW himself describes as "experiments in krautrock and cosmic jazz." Which is an apt title. Arcadia Son is one of the strangest albums I've ever heard, featuring tape loops and cut-ups, psychedelic spacey ambient bits, awesome krautrock action, and (perhaps strangest of all) a beautiful tribal drumming bit in the middle of the album.

Which is to say it's very different, but very good. I highly recommend you try it if you're into Steven Wilson's other stuff.

Let me finish with a short rant: Steven Wilson's CDs are far too expensive from his Burning Shed online store. I want them to be cheaper, damnit. And he has too many!

- Chris

May 12, 2004 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 3
yeah, I believe I heard about that. for some reason, I haven't got any of that project yet (got something of almost everything else). some stuff is kinda hard to get without a creditcard.

May 13, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, I have that, it's different. I think I have the self-titled one, too. I forgot where I got it, though. Artist Shop, perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back