I don't know what I'm doing here...
Sep 28, 2002 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Magicthyse

Better to look good than to sound good!
I'm a rather puzzled owner of a well-used but relatively immaculate DT250-80.

I'd actually borrowed it from the owner to review it, but he took a listen to some of my phones and decided to get rid of the 250 and buy an HD280 about 30 seconds after he'd heard them. (He used the DT250 for recording, I should mention)

And to cut a long story short, I agreed to swap one of my redundant monitors for the DT250.

Given my review, I'm still trying to work out why I did it.

confused.gif

"Doctor, I have a severe case of headficollectivitis..."

Sep 28, 2002 at 4:29 PM Post #2 of 5
careful there, magicthyse. those headphones aren't silver, so it might be dangerous to wear them in public.
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2002 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm not entirely dissuaded by the low-profile nature of this phone, although a dash of silver paint might do it some good
biggrin.gif

Very unobtrusive - expect for the enormous plug that taps your left shoulder, I don't know what advantage the plug has to the sano replaceable cable arrangement on the HD280.

What is truly shocking though is the build / moulding quality and finish. I actually thought the original DT250 I bought and sent back due to a driver fault that I discovered during break-in was from a generally bad batch, since they were built in the same manner as the 250 I have now. Now, I realize that all 250's are built like this.

Sep 29, 2002 at 10:33 AM Post #5 of 5
Nah. The cable on the 280 looks non-replaceable, but there's a connector inside - just unscrew some bits on the left earcup and you can get at the connector - unhook the connector and the cable assembly comes off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back