I did it...
Mar 25, 2006 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Ray Samuels

Member of the Trade: Ray Samuels Audio
I have been looking for a balanced, tube power amp for some time now. I am a "Cary Audio" type, sound lover, I could not resist the temptation of turning my wallet inside out to shell the $$$s to get this
beauty.
http://www.caryaudio.com/products/audio/cad211ae.shtml
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue11/cary211.htm

Cary Audio design, calls the "CAD 211 AE" the best sounding amp they have ever manufactured.
I do have the "SLM100" mono blocks from Cary Audio, for 6 years now, never crossed my mind to upgrade my amps. Just great sounding product.
No I am not selling my mono blocks, I will take them with me when I am gone.
Ray Samuels

Mar 25, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 31
Truly amazing, i love how they provide the warm up time and burn in time stats. Do you have it yet or just ordered?

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 31
I would be afraid to research this beauty on the basis I would die of sticker shock
biggrin.gif

Congratulations, enjoy your new toy. So what new interconnects are you getting?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 31
OMG did you pay full price for th... nevermind...
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #6 of 31
After Shelling out almost $1000 (USD) for two highly enjoyable RSaudio amplifiers (SR-71 and Hornet), I can at least say that the money went to a good cause... even better sounding audio equipment!
icon10.gif

I'm glad to see you buying something like this Ray. It makes me believe in your authenticity as an audiophile and music lover (as well as a master craftsman). I bet you wouldn't find many Sony High End audio designers/ executives buying anybody else's amps and equipment. Enjoy!

BTW, you can't take them with you when you go...just ask the pharoas!

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #7 of 31
Cool Ray.Other than pentodes or exotics the 845/211/GM70 are only way to real power output.

for those who do not know 70 class-A is a HUGE amount of power when it is tube gear being discussed and usually gained with a boatload of parallel devices.

Can't beat power for pure slam so I guess you will be moving when the neighbors complain ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #8 of 31
Actually those are some of the best sounding cary's of the best sounding cary's..lol

the price is not that bad really niether, Look what slm's went for years back and these today is not to much over. I think these new amps would have a better mid range for you and alot more depth then the 100's..the 100's are great amps (still looking to buy some).

I am slowly catching up to you Ray..after all you seen my economy AES/CARy six pacs..hehe

Now when are you going to sell me your speakers?????
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #10 of 31
Nice....enjoy your new ear candy, Ray.
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #12 of 31
Sweet, Ray! Next time I'm in Chi-town I'll have to drop by and check them out.

Dennis does a top-notch job building amps.

Mar 26, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz
... I bet you wouldn't find many Sony High End audio designers/ executives buying anybody else's amps and equipment. ...

Oh they do, they just do not have the COJONES to admit it, let alone publicly.
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #15 of 31
Nice pieces of equiptment Ray. Enjoy.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back