I Demand You Listen To Radiohead: The Bends
Nov 8, 2002 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

fyrfytrhoges

Headphoneus Supremus
sorry for the stupid post but this album just gets better everytime I listen to it, a definite masterpiece, and anyone who does not heed my advice, well, I hope something bad happens to your private parts!!!!

Nov 8, 2002 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 28
Heh...I was not going to reply but what the hell. I love this album. It got me through some rough spells and is still my favourite Radiohead album to listen to even though I acknowledge the superiority of the subsequent albums.

Nov 8, 2002 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 28
I don't necessarily agree that the following albums were superior, they're just different, radiohead I guess, collectively feels the need to progress in some ways with each consecutive album. But I do hear rumblings that the next album is going back to the "pablo honey" type, more guitar based stuff.....

Nov 8, 2002 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 28
had it for years. there is a constant struggle within radiohead between standard rock songs and experimental shoegazer songs. "the bends" is firmly in the rock song arena (although not 100% of course), which makes it different, not really better or worse, than the later albums. "planet telex" is probably my favorite radiohead song.

Nov 8, 2002 at 2:12 AM Post #5 of 28
The Bends and OKC are the two Radiohead albums that will age the best.

Kid-A and Amnesiac are definitely not bad, but they start treading some electronica waters and I would say that Radiohead although they are at the top of the rock genre, they are not at the top of the electronica field. However, those albums have some of their best works (IMBW, HTDC, MPS, etc.)

Nov 8, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 28
<goes on the list>

I've been meaning to pick this up forever. . . Guess I finally will. OK Computer really is one of my favorite albums ever: it really grew on me. Kid A is also a favorite. Amnesiac, I dunno. It just hasn't dug its claws into me.

Nov 8, 2002 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 28
andrzejpw, I guarantee you will not be sorry if you add this album to your collection. it may take awhile to grow on you but when it does you won't stop listening to it.....

Nov 8, 2002 at 2:45 AM Post #8 of 28
The Bends is definitely a classic...Street Spirit...ahhh

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:11 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by aeberbach
andrzejpw, I don't know why you bothered getting headphones if you don't have this album. It's that good.

he's 16 years old, give him a break! When i was 16 radiohead just came around, liked them since hearing "you" on the radio
wink.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 5:36 PM Post #12 of 28
lol, I have 3 of their cds. Ok Computer, Kid A, and Amnesiac. Oh, and 2 bootlegs that a very helpful forum member helped me aquire. You can step forward if you want.
wink.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:51 PM Post #13 of 28
I like to throw in that I dislike radiohead ever chance I get. I'd use words other than dislike but then I'd be breaking the forum rules or something and offending small children. Although they should be offended by radiohead and Tom Yorks whiney nonsense. Radiohead is for ivy league college kids who think they can be hip through music.

"... I would say that Radiohead although they are at the top of the rock genre..."

Wow... Well, uh... no.

Period, big no there. Like no man, no. no no no.

no.

not.

negative.

negatory.

cancel.

stop.

backspace.

delete.

strike.

remove.

I disagree very much with that statement. Liking radiohead is like liking sugar cubes. It's like partaking in some kind of gooey orgy where everyone is covered in maple syrup.

Nov 8, 2002 at 9:18 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

I like to throw in that I dislike radiohead ever chance I get. I'd use words other than dislike but then I'd be breaking the forum rules or something and offending small children. Although they should be offended by radiohead and Tom Yorks whiney nonsense. Radiohead is for ivy league college kids who think they can be hip through music.

Dude, how can you say this? OK Computer is a serious masterpiece. The Bends doesn't reach that status but is a very good album nonetheless.

Nov 8, 2002 at 9:42 PM Post #15 of 28
Some of the old radiohead stuff is... 'alright'. However they are trully friggin overrated. And their electronic stuff is just bad imo. I don't know how some people with otherwise good taste in music can actually say "I like amnesiac" with a straight face. I love electronica in so many forms, and I gave in when amnesiac came out because of my wide ranging tastes for electronica and the various good things I had heard about it. Still, I ended up giving that cd away. Radiohead is contrived sounding imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back