i can't stop eating... ahhh!!!
Mar 10, 2008 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Zuerst

Headphoneus Supremus
so i eat a lot. i eat even more when i study, and i pretty much have to study a little bit almost everyday. my eating habit was fine since i exercise a lot

now my left foot hurts (maybe strained tendon, stress fracture... i don't know) so i'm forcing myself to take a break from exercising to not make my foot pain worse

but i can't stop eating... i'm getting chubby... what can i do!!!!
redface.gif
confused.gif
biggrin.gif
mad.gif
tongue.gif

i'm gonna go grab a cheese cake now...

Mar 10, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 32
Do something like I did Sunday evening: I did a food run for my daughter, and brought her Mexican take out at the convenience store where she works. I was hungry too, and spied four very ripe bananas on the counter. "Ah, I think I've found my supper." That's how you stay ahead of the game, serious undereating. Fruit can help a lot.

Laz

Mar 10, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 32
Drinking a lot of tea, water, some coffee, can give you something to do rather than ingesting calorie-bearing food & drink.

Yeah, go to town on fresh fruits and vegetables. I find that eating food w/ lots of refined sugars and/or saturated fat, beer/liquor, and even too much bread, makes me crave even more of the bad stuff. Last two weeks I've been eating mostly fruits, vegetables, lean meats, eggs, and dairy...no alcohol...now losing weight with NO craving problems
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 32
I think a couple of things come into play:

1) Don't keep any snacks in the house. If you need a snack, make sure there is plenty of fruit or vegtables within eyesight. This is what I do - never have alcohol or fattening snacks in the house - and after a period of time it just becomes part of one's character.

2) This is strictly my opinion, but I learned it from someone else so I know other people have the same educated opinion: If you are eating right, you are probably going to be hungry some of the time. Again, it took a while to get use to, but now I barely notice I'm hungry unless I'm really starving.

3) One of the biggest factors in my case: how bad to you want it? How bad do you really want to stop over-eating?

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #6 of 32
Sounds like you are a true American. Did you see on the news a couple of weeks ago the Texas was also named home to the fattest cities in the world.

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by crewchief /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like you are a true American. Did you see on the news a couple of weeks ago the Texas was also named home to the fattest cities in the world.

Yes but it also has the most silicon not located under the ground or in electronics
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #8 of 32
I had a severe rolled/twisted left ankle last August, and I'm just now able to slowly jog 2 miles without much discomfort on my left foot. But before the injury, I was an avid runner doing 6->9 miles average every other day.

During all this time, I didn't do any exercises that puts pressure on the left ankle, so I only did weights with the upper body: arms, shoulders, abs, chest, back--anything upper torso really. Only when I was able to use my foot, somewhat, did I add in low-impact lower body workouts.

I was able to eat want I want most of the time, since the extra muscles act as a constant calorie inferno. Plus, almost a year later, I'm almost beach body ready and can't wait to go shirtless
biggrin.gif

Weights man, thats the way to go.

Mar 10, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #9 of 32
fat_people.jpg

One of Us!
One of Us!
Gooble Gobble
One of Us!
One of Us!

Mar 10, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #11 of 32
When I got knee surgery 4 weeks ago I had to stop rowing; I decided since I was going to be sedentary I had to eat accordingly- so I started eating lots and lots of vegetables. They're filling, tasty, and nutritious, and they take a while to eat so you let your stomach tell you that you are full- which takes about 20 minutes.

Mar 10, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #12 of 32
1)Don't even buy any snack products when you go shopping. Do not even go down the aisle with the biscuits on it, or the crisps one, or the chocolate one, or the ice cream one. If you don't even look then you wont buy. If you must have some sort of snack in the house, go for a non-sugered cereal. Regular Shreddies (not frosted honey or coco), or bran flakes, and nibble on those.

2)Always have a pint of water on the desk. Keep it topped up. Drink some when you get pangs. You'll have to run for a pee more often, but it helps keep you full. When you have a drink of water and it doesn't kill hunger pangs then obviously, eat something.

3)Bananas. I say bananas because they're awesome, but you can [insert your favourite fruit here]. Grapes are super sugary though so maybe not those, and do not go for dried fruits that aren't apricots because almost all of those have some sort of sugar or honey added. Bananas are awesome. And if they get a bit black for your liking. Make some banana loaf using a recipe which doesn't involve 400grams of sugar per tin.

4) Get a good nights sleep every night. If you get less sleep, you're awake for longer and your body will send you more hungry signals, and because its late, you'll want to snack. Get your 8 hours a night, no staying up till 4am working/playing Civ/browsing Head-Fi.

5)Eat a high fibre breakfast. All Bran is pretty manky, but bran flakes, Weetabix, or if you're a little bit of a philistine, Shredded Wheat are all high fibre and healthy. Fibre keeps stuff firing through you properly. Getting clogged up makes you feel horrid and can lead to weight gain as well.

6)Cut the booze right out, or at least, cut it right down if you drink a lot. Alcohol (plus mixers) contains vast amounts of calories and once you've had a few drinks you'll get the nibbles and want crisps or peanuts. Once you've had a few more you'll want as big giant chippy or a curry. Then there's the cooked breakfasts which so often help with a hangover on top of it all.

All good tips for keeping the paunch off or losing a bit of weight.

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
6)Cut the booze right out, or at least, cut it right down if you drink a lot. Alcohol (plus mixers) contains vast amounts of calories and once you've had a few drinks you'll get the nibbles and want crisps or peanuts. Once you've had a few more you'll want as big giant chippy or a curry. Then there's the cooked breakfasts which so often help with a hangover on top of it all.

Heh, I thought you were dispensing advice you were following yourself until I got to this part. Unless of course you recently stopped drinking gin.
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #14 of 32
Make sure you always have some fruit or vegetables within reach.
A banana, apple, baby carrots, or similar are great alternatives to unhealthy snacks.

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #15 of 32
Figs, dates and prunes are an ideal 'healthy alternative' snack. Not only delicious and inexpensive, but they are natural laxatives, which will help you further to lose weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back