I can't hear anything in my left ear!
Mar 26, 2006 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

slinger1182

100+ Head-Fier
I just got up today and had a pressure buildup in my left ear. I wiggled my little finger to get rid of it but it left me with a ringing ear. And now I can hear very little in that ear. I can feel deep bass but above that frequecy range, very little. What do I do? I don't listen to music very loud usually but yesterday evening, under the influence of beer I might have blasted my headphones on.
plainface.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #4 of 30
wait until you see what comes out of your ear!

Mar 26, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #5 of 30
Well, I am aninternational student in the US and I don't think my medical insurance would cover this. Anyway, today's a Sunday and the company is closed right now so I can't ask them. I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow anyway.

Mar 26, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 30
Well I did try Q-tips. Not much came out. But for some reason the ear canal is wet. I just got up half an hour ago, I haven't showered yet, so I don't know why its wet.

Mar 26, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #9 of 30
Well, it definitely isn't paining, if that is any solace. It is still ringing quite a bit though. So how do I clean my ear?

Mar 26, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #10 of 30
Go to a pharmacy and get an ear cleaning kit. It should come with a plastic tub, a bottle of some substance, and a rubber bulb with a spout. Put the substance into your ear, let it sit there for maybe 10-15 minutes, then fill the tub with some warm water and hydrogen peroxide, and fill the bulb with it, then fairly forcefully squirt the mixture into your ear with your ear facing the sink or whatever you're going to drain this into. You will probably have to do this _several_ times, if not more, to get everything out. However, it should be able to clear the wax plug and bring you back to normal, for the most part.

It may be worth noting that I got a really bad illness a few months ago, and my ears clogged up, and then I got this persistent ringing in them that hasn't gone away since (ringing that I didn't have before). So I don't know if the ringing will go away, but the plug should.

Mar 26, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by slinger1182
Well I did try Q-tips. Not much came out. But for some reason the ear canal is wet. I just got up half an hour ago, I haven't showered yet, so I don't know why its wet.

DON'T DO ANYTHING..SERIOUS...BEEN THERE...DON'T BUY THOSE WAX REMOVER FROM DRUG STORE EITHER...TERRIABLE!...NO PEROXIDE EITHER.

go see a doctor ....could be plugged ear wax, or something more serious....I would shell out the $$ ....after all its the most critical your hi-fi equipment
k1000smile.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #12 of 30
Man! You guys are scaring me! I am off to the hospital. Hopefully its just a wax buildup. If not I hope my insurance covers it. If not, I can always sell my kidney.
plainface.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #14 of 30
Good luck, hope everything is okay.

Mar 26, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #15 of 30
the ear wax removal kit I buy from walmart always works for me, of course IDK if its ear wax so I dont know if it would help you. When you use it, if you hear crackling and poping then its loosening up your ear wax and thats a good thing, then you spray lukewarm water into your ear with the tube thing and see if the wax falls out your ear. I woudlnt think something serious would happen overnight, except laying on the ear and wax sealing it up, it certainly sounds like a possibility. Good luck, keep us up to date on your condition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back