I can't believe I'm coming back to my blog with "pretzel v churro"
Apr 26, 2008 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9
[size=x-small]As some of the long-time Head-Fi.org Members know, there has been an ongoing joke theme at Head-Fi.org that started with someone creating a poll about pretzels versus churros. Long story short, this theme carried itself into many a thread. As it got a bit out of hand (to say the least), it irritated many folks, myself included; and so now any pretzel versus churro posting almost always gets deleted from the Main Forums.

That being said, I can't believe I'm about to post this photo, and then actually ask a question about what I'm posting:

[/size]
[size=x-small]http://lh5.ggpht.com/headfi/SBK6WF8m...0/IMG_8766.JPG

[/size]
[size=x-small]Yes, sadly, I took this photo. It was snapped at a large trade show in Chicago that I was at for a day. Was it coincidence that these two stands were so close together, or is this common to find pretzels and churros for sale in such close proximity? Is that part of the joke? I wasn't sure, and, sadly, this one of the few photos I took that day (and there were plenty of very cool things I should've photographed but didn't).

Yeah, yeah, yuck it up. But let's make this blog post, and its comments section, the official pretzel versus churro discussion area at Head-Fi.org, assuming anyone still has it in his system to post about it. (And, yes, pretzel/churro posts and threads in the Main Forums will still be deleted.)

It has been a long time since I've blogged, and there's a lot to catch up on, including, but not limited to, Can Jam '08 (the 2008 International Head-Fi Meet); and some great gear I've been playing with, including the Klipsch Image, Sennheiser MX W1, Sleek Audio SA6, Luxman P-1, Trends Audio UD-10.1, Wadia 170 iTransport, Sennheiser IE6 and IE7, Ray Samuels Audio Predator, and some great cable products by CablePro, Stefan AudioArt, ALO Audio and Qables. I'll be posting more about these products over time. In other more relevant news (more relevant than pretzels versus churros), there'll soon be updates to the forum topic breakdowns that I think most will be very happy with.

By the way, my vote? Hot, soft pretzels in any number of configurations (although a sweet churro now and then can really hit the spot).
wink.gif

[/size]

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 9
That is phenominal. Should've gotten them to fight to the death for your business. Maybe have them sponsor headfi?

Aug 17, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #5 of 9
Churros own... THEY OWN!!!!!!

Hilarious picture, man!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 9
The signs use the same font (although the churros one is scaled unevenly). So I'd guess it's the same seller.

Anyway, hilarious, given the history of this on Head-Fi.

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #9 of 9
One of my regrets from my around-the-world business trip in July was not having a churro while I was in Madrid.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back