I can pick up free electronics every wednesday on my way home from school!!
Aug 28, 2002 at 10:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
Rich people´s neighbourhood + communal weekly trash pickup service = ALOT of FREE electronics lying on the streets every wednesday...

Today I got these sweet looking wooden speakers and a cool looking receiver with kasette and radio (you know, those old radios with a little stick gliding through moody lights)!!

I am very curios to try this thing later today!! Perhaps its headphone out even packs a whallop, who knows...

The brand is "Tungsram" model 4450/790

Aug 28, 2002 at 1:18 PM Post #2 of 13
That's very nice. When I lived in New York some friends, not poor friends, more like young professionals, would just whatever piece of furniture or electronics they found in the street. A guy got a very nice TV that was discarded because it had a cigarrete burn in the cabinet. I'll rather get new stuff, but if you find a nice discarded PCDP let me know
wink.gif

Aug 29, 2002 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 13
Flasken: Smart! My friend Georg uses the same method for filling up his vintage computer collection. Recently he found an old NEC V30-machine - completely in Kanji, and that in Munich. He still wonders what the previous owner might have needed this thing for...
wink.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Aug 29, 2002 at 7:55 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by bubbaj
"you know, those old radios with a little stick gliding through moody lights"

OMG I feel very old now.

[size=medium]DITTO !![/size]

Aug 30, 2002 at 1:56 PM Post #7 of 13
Hi again!!

Well, it´s been a while and now i've take the whole thing one step further...

I've visited many households in rich neighbourhoods and have made a deal with 4 of them to call me whenever someone on their street would lay out any sorts of electronics.

YAY!!

Aug 30, 2002 at 2:12 PM Post #8 of 13
The call. . .

Them: Hi, some woman is just throwing away all of her husbands old electronics. It looks like theres a ton of headphones. . . including this one big shiny piece. Says Orpheus or something on it. . . Oh, damn, sorry, the garbage truck just stopped in front of their house. . . well, nevermind, sorry about that.

You: Nooooooooooooo!
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2002 at 10:39 PM Post #10 of 13
I'm far too lazy to find used electronics on the street.
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2002 at 7:00 PM Post #13 of 13
Nope it aint a tube radio... But the sound coming from it is rather good, though I still haven´t gotten the left channel to work properly..
rolleyes.gif

And now to something completely different:

My uncle has recently at a garage sale picked up a VERY sweet looking sony radio/reciever with a wooden cabinet and a very thick aluminium front plate... I hope that I somehow will be able to get it off his hands!!!

Oh, and it´s also got those moody lights from way back in the before-time...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back