I can get brand-new Denon AH-D340 for about $114. Should I go for it?
Sep 7, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 3
Naaah.  They're pretty ****ty headphones to be honest. I bought them as well about a year ago because they were on a huge discount, and had them for a short while before returning them. They have several deal-breaking problems. First of all, it has a typical plastic tonality of badly done closed back headphones that don't have properly dampened ear cups. When you knock on them while wearing them on the head, it has that cheap plasticky hollow sound to it.  When playing music with a lot of punchy bass, the bass distorts and loses control. Mids sound wonky as well, totally colored, and highs are sharp to my memory. On top of that, they're quite difficult to wear and place on the head because they have hard earpads and no clamping force at all, so they don't seal properly.  IMHO, I'd rate them worse than Sennheiser HD202 which is my cheapest headphone. In fact, HD202 is considerably more enjoyable to listen to, sounds much more coherent and has a far more natural tonality.  Even for 100 dollars, they're pretty bad value for money.

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #3 of 3
I bought this denon D340 for $50 open box deal.

Was that a good deal? your post has me wondering about my decision now. I currently own a HD555 sennheiser and was wondering if these 340 has the same sort of open back sound stage you can get on the D2000 and D5000.

hmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back