I bought some Ultimate Ears MetroFi 170 and Comply Foam tips today. Few questions.
Feb 3, 2011 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Moonwalker1982

New Head-Fier
I was still on the lookout for great but affordable in ears, i had borrowed the Beats by Dre.Dre for awhile, and while great, simply way too much money for my liking. Now i got these Ultimate Ears MetroFi 170 for 49 euros. However...i had never thought Logitech in ears would actually be good.

I was at this audio store today and before i bought them, i tried them out. I used an Iphone 4(i think 3g?) It wasn't mine, it was the shops. And the in ears had the foam tips attached. So i put them in and the sound is awesome, very powerful bass too. I hadn't squashed the foam tips at all, i wasn't aware of that nessecity.

I go home, and i try the in ears with foam tips on my I-river H10 and also on my much older Ipod Touch, and the powerful bass was NOWHERE to be found, it didn't matter what EQ setting i choose. I however then tried out the normal ear buds that came with the Ultimate Ears, the smaller ones didn't work, still no bass. But then i put the biggest size ear buds on, and its a world of difference, the bass is incredibly powerful and the music i listened to sounded so much better. Don't get me wrong, i dislike overpowered bass, but with the smaller buds and also the foam tips, there barely was any bass.

But i don't get it, cause at the shop, it sounded incredible with the foam tips and surely a Iphone ain't better than I-River in terms of sound quality and bass?

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
oh you paid how much?!?!?!?? return them if you can

Have to agree with mark there. $20-30 is reasonable for a MetroFi but 49EUR is more than I would pay for some of the SuperFi models.

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 6
I forgot to mention that the shopkeeper gave me the Comply Foamtips as a bonus. (also probably because my dad had bought something worth of 2400 euros...) but still a nice gesture though. But i just don't get it how i am not getting the bass anymore. Its no big deal,because the bass is amazing with the biggest earbuds , but the foam tips are more comfortable and personally i don't fear that they would get stuck in my ear. While it has happened to some people that normal ear buds got stuck in their ear. (unless that story is nonsense)

So the Ultimate Ears themselves are great, but the Comply Foam Tips just don't seem to work as good as they did in the store. But the In Ears themselves are great, i thought it was also a nice price. The shopkeeper told me that until recently these costed 100 euro.

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 6
giving complys out is to get you hooked on them so you keep going back to buy them from him.  like a drug dealer giving out free samples, hes not doing to help you.

however if you really want more bass out of them buy a FiiO E5 but i still say return them

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #6 of 6
The bass is fine with the standard ear buds that came with them, the biggest size strangely enough though. I dont think i have that big ear canals. I do however now see that i paid too much for these. They are available for 25 euro at this online store. However..if i were to return these, not really an option. The store aint exactly close to where i live, actually a 2 hours driving distance. If you take the gasoline costs for that into account...it would be stupid to do this. So i'll just keep them. Personally i found the shopkeeper rather honest, because we went to the store for my dad to buy a Olive 4HD Music Server, but the shopkeeper at first told alot about the cheaper version and said there was plenty of reason to go for that. It wasn't like he tried to force the more expensive version on him, thats something i can apreciate :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back