I am Vietnamese.
Jun 3, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #17 of 27

yup thomas is a nice guy very friendly, that store is good place to do a mini-EB
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Oh yes, that's it. The store owner is a pretty close friend of mine.

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #18 of 27
I'll be checking out that store soon, perhaps tomorrow. I've been living in HCMC for 2.5 years. I just recently became interested in this forum since my ipod touch 4g was stolen from me (i left it in a classroom, so i wasn't shocked). There are a lot of shops that sell Sennheiser products and I'm very suspicious of their authenticity...nobody seems to sell players other than apple and sony products...i'd love to get my hands on a cowon product.some day..have a great tet holiday every one (chup munh nam moi!) I know it's just not the same without the proper diacritics...

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #20 of 27
I've visited the shop and it is a great little spot. The owner is really laid back and helpful. I bought a pair of DJ100s and went again tonight to try to buy some Hippo VBs, but he was sold out. He's been great to me every time I've gone.

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #21 of 27
Wow, that shop sounds like a spot i'll definitely need to stop by when i go back again this summer. Are you vietnamese yourself?

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #22 of 27
No, but I've been living here for almost 3 years and I'm recently married to a Vietnamese woman, so I'll be living here for quite awhile longer. Hopefully the traffic won't drive me crazy
eek.gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #23 of 27

Quote:
I've learned to hate everyone equally regardless of race, gender, social status, or sexual preference

You were never in the Marines?  That's our credo.

Quote:
there's a small audiophile store in Ho Chi Minh city that carries quite a lot headphones

You mean Saigon.  
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #24 of 27
Yeah, Saigon, HCMC, moped city, the land of the worst drivers on the planet, it goes by many names hahahaha...seriously, THE WORST drivers. Not that I've been everywhere, but they're pretty damn bad here. A family of 5 on a moped...texting while driving...I've seen it all, including the bloody aftermath of too many people not obeying any traffic laws. But anyways, thank God for that little shop. I don't know if any other shops can be trusted to supply genuine products. I've seen another shop on Le Thanh Ton that has quite a variety of Sennheiser products, but they've already admitted that some products are fakes, so I'm sure the rest are too.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #25 of 27
Yeah, Saigon, HCMC, moped city, the land of the worst drivers on the planet, it goes by many names hahahaha...seriously, THE WORST drivers. Not that I've been everywhere, but they're pretty damn bad here. A family of 5 on a moped...texting while driving...I've seen it all, including the bloody aftermath of too many people not obeying any traffic laws. But anyways, thank God for that little shop. I don't know if any other shops can be trusted to supply genuine products. I've seen another shop on Le Thanh Ton that has quite a variety of Sennheiser products, but they've already admitted that some products are fakes, so I'm sure the rest are too.

lol.. sad but so true. We indeed have horrible traffic. It's a shame but we have to live with that.
Good to see there's another hf-er around SG. Most of the Senn stuff here are fake, especially the IEM ones. Your best bet is to try Koss products that Thomas offer. I always find they have excellent value for good price.

I've been busy with school lately, but hopefully I can finish my electrostat headamp (T2diy) this summer and make a small meet at Thomas' place. :)

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
Yeah, Saigon, HCMC, moped city, the land of the worst drivers on the planet, it goes by many names hahahaha...seriously, THE WORST drivers. Not that I've been everywhere, but they're pretty damn bad here. A family of 5 on a moped...texting while driving...I've seen it all, including the bloody aftermath of too many people not obeying any traffic laws.

So true! Just recently came back to Vietnam (Saigon), and the traffic really drives me nuts!

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #27 of 27
A meet-up would be cool, but I don't yet have much gear to share...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back