1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

I Am Out Of Control

1. Zuc1

I am a noob at quality earphones.

I was given a Bose IE2 in early December.  It sounded better than anything I previously had.  Reading this forum, I got Gary's PA2V2, which made the Bose IE2 sound much better.

Two weeks ago, I got a Klipsch S4.  I like it even more, although I think the S4 requires an equalizer on the music player.

I think I am going to get something else soon and rotate them.

Since this is such a personal preference, I am not asking for anything specific.  I believe I will have to spend a few hundred dollars and decide for myself.

I need your help on a few brands that I should look into.  So far I read about Weston and Shure. I listen to rock and pop. I do like songs with a lot of guitar in it (Slash, Dire Strait, etc.).

Thank you

2. kmhaynes
    Which brands you look at should be driven by what kind of sound you want/like.  Do you like the S4?  Most agree it has very strong bass and aggressive highs.  You don't say how you would EQ them (bass up/down, mids up/down, etc,), so it's hard to know what to recommend to you.

Tell us what you would do to the S4, or tell us what you do/don't like about the S4, and then we will have an idea of what to recommend to you.

3. yello131
    in 200$ price range you can get DBA-02
    RE252
    DDM
    Westone 2

4. Zuc1
    I don't know the terminology so I will just use yours. 

I do like the S4, but I need to use the EQ to tune down the "aggressive highs".  My EQ setting for the S4 looks like \___ .

I listen to pop and rock.  I do like the guitar in Slash's Sweet Child of Mine, Van Halen's Right Now, Santana, Dire Straits, etc.  I really like Linkin Park.  But I also enjoy David Gray, Collective Soul, Chris Isaac, Snow Patrol, etc.

The cheap earphones kinda mix the sounds together. I really like it when I can separate different sounds from the different instruments.

The S4 also fits my ears very well.

5. Zuc1

Quote:

Wow, the Westone 2 looks so nice.

6. Marcus_C
  7. Rmccullo

I had the um2's and like them a lot. Listening to tool on them was insane