I am ok and safe
Mar 11, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 10
Almost all the lifeline except train service are working ok around Tokyo. Electric supply is low and we were told to hold too much use. Internet is perfectly working include 3G. I am writing this via iPad.
I've not heard so many injured around here so your friends in Tokyo would probably be ok I think.

When the big one hit, I was working at my office on 18th floor of the building. We were shaken like a roller coaster but the building was designed to do so to cancel earthquake energy.
I and colleagues were ok but all the train stop service so I was stayed in office until midnight then Trains start service. finally I came back home.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #5 of 10
Good to hear you are okay.  Let's hope all of the best to the folks up north.  On NHK World the videos looked truly devastating.  The power of that quake was 8,000 time stronger than the recent NZ quake in Christchurch.   And the tsunami!

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 10
And I want to say thank you all for all of your country's supports and help. Almost 50 countries are now providing great supports.
We are very much appreciated your country's supports since the damage over northern Japan is far beyond our imagination. The earthquake energy was 180 times bigger than the big West Japan earthquake that killed so many people. Even many earthquake meters itself were damaged by earthquake and precise alert is difficult now. Tsunami reached 5km(3 miles) inland.
Our rescue force are full so your country's help is really appreciated. Thank you very much.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #7 of 10
Good to hear you are okay.  Let's hope all of the best to the folks up north.  On NHK World the videos looked truly devastating.  The power of that quake was 8,000 time stronger than the recent NZ quake in Christchurch.   And the tsunami!

Thank you!

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #8 of 10
Glad to hear you're okay. My wife is Japanese, and though most of her family lives in western Japan, she has a cousin who lives in Sendai... her brother in Osaka has been trying to make contact, but nothing yet... hoping for the best. Also waiting to hear from our nephew, who lives in Tokyo.

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 10
Glad to hear that and I wish you guys all the best. Could not believe what I saw on TV last night...truly frightening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back