I am new here pls help!!
Dec 5, 2016 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

NitrousB

New Head-Fier
So Christmas is coming and I am thinking of buying a new set of headphones.My previous headphones were the Sony MDR XB-450. Now, a lot of people are saying that it's best to get headphones based on the type of music you listen like hip hop, rock etc.Now I will list some songs I listen most: Because of you-Kelly Clarkson
Cold Water-Major Laser
Incomplete-Backstreet Boys
Lost without you-Delta Goodrem
Let me love you-DJ Snake
Love yourself-JB
The Man-Ed Sheeran
Marvin Gaye-Charlie Puth
My way-Calvin Harris
Rather Be-Clean Bandit
Say you won't let go-James Arthur
Sorry-JB
Stole the show-Kygo
Sugar-Maroon 5
Sugar-Robin Schulz
Thinking Out Loud-Ed Sheeran
This is what you came for-Calvin Harris
You've got the love-Florence+The Machine
You Make Me-Avicii
You don't own me-Grace
Way down we go-Kaleo
La Camisa Negra-Juanes
Get down on it-Kool&The Gang
You give love a bad name-Bob Jovi
Sweet Home Alabama-Lynyrd Skynyrd
Don't wanna know-Maroon 5
...as you see I listen to what sounds better to me...from rock to the latest pop to American rap!So I can't decide which headphones are the best! I would like to see people's suggestions about that matter.Which headphones perform best at this (these) kinds of music? My budget is 250€ max. Thanks in advance

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #2 of 13
So Christmas is coming and I am thinking of buying a new set of headphones.My previous headphones were the Sony MDR XB-450. Now, a lot of people are saying that it's best to get headphones based on the type of music you listen like hip hop, rock etc.Now I will list some songs I listen most: Because of you-Kelly Clarkson
Cold Water-Major Laser
Incomplete-Backstreet Boys
Lost without you-Delta Goodrem
Let me love you-DJ Snake
Love yourself-JB
The Man-Ed Sheeran
Marvin Gaye-Charlie Puth
My way-Calvin Harris
Rather Be-Clean Bandit
Say you won't let go-James Arthur
Sorry-JB
Stole the show-Kygo
Sugar-Maroon 5
Sugar-Robin Schulz
Thinking Out Loud-Ed Sheeran
This is what you came for-Calvin Harris
You've got the love-Florence+The Machine
You Make Me-Avicii
You don't own me-Grace
Way down we go-Kaleo
La Camisa Negra-Juanes
Get down on it-Kool&The Gang
You give love a bad name-Bob Jovi
Sweet Home Alabama-Lynyrd Skynyrd
Don't wanna know-Maroon 5
...as you see I listen to what sounds better to me...from rock to the latest pop to American rap!So I can't decide which headphones are the best! I would like to see people's suggestions about that matter.Which headphones perform best at this (these) kinds of music? My budget is 250€ max. Thanks in advance
I am really confused about what headphones to choose from. My thoughts go from V-Moda , Beats to Sennheiser! I know they are all different manufacturers who produce different kinds of headphones but I don't know what to choose based on my music so any help would thankful!

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 13
Look into the akg k553. A step up from the beats studio wireless I had for sure, but I didn't get to test them for long. Not very portable though, so they may not work for you.
The beats studio/studio wireless are great for what they are, commercial grade consumer oriented headphones, but they definitely fall short of audiophile grade, and are a bit more fashion oriented. I will give them this, they were very sturdy and definitely had a quality feel to them, but they only sounded decent for the price, nothing groundbreaking. Very portable.

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #4 of 13
Look into the akg k553. A step up from the beats studio wireless I had for sure, but I didn't get to test them for long. Not very portable though, so they may not work for you.
The beats studio/studio wireless are great for what they are, commercial grade consumer oriented headphones, but they definitely fall short of audiophile grade, and are a bit more fashion oriented. I will give them this, they were very sturdy and definitely had a quality feel to them, but they only sounded decent for the price, nothing groundbreaking. Very portable.
Do you think that a pair of hd 598 is overkill for this kind of music?

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #5 of 13
Do you think that a pair of hd 598 is overkill for this kind of music?

Absolutely not! I don't believe in overkill. I don't recommend them usually because I personally did not like them, but that is just because of the music I listen to and because they weren't very portable. They were great headphones, especially for gaming.

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #6 of 13
Absolutely not! I don't believe in overkill. I don't recommend them usually because I personally did not like them, but that is just because of the music I listen to and because they weren't very portable. They were great headphones, especially for gaming.
Do you think that they are good based on the music I listen to?

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #7 of 13
Do you think that they are good based on the music I listen to?

I'm not entirely sure because that decision is entirely up to you. Sound is subjective for the most part, so more than anything the major deciding factor would be what sound signature you prefer. The hd598 had too much sub-bass rolloff for me, but to you it may sound perfect. What headphones have you had in the past, maybe I could compare them.

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #8 of 13
I'm not entirely sure because that decision is entirely up to you. Sound is subjective for the most part, so more than anything the major deciding factor would be what sound signature you prefer. The hd598 had too much sub-bass rolloff for me, but to you it may sound perfect. What headphones have you had in the past, maybe I could compare them.
I do have the XB450 by Sony as current headphones but I dont like the supposed bass kick neither the mids nor the highs

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #9 of 13
I do have the XB450 by Sony as current headphones but I dont like the supposed bass kick neither the mids nor the highs

Haven't heard those, sorry. Have you checked out the reviews for the hd598? I'm not very good at describing sound (which is why I don't have any reviews) but there are many others on head-fi who are, and they have reviewed the hd598s here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-598

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #10 of 13
Haven't heard those, sorry. Have you checked out the reviews for the hd598? I'm not very good at describing sound (which is why I don't have any reviews) but there are many others on head-fi who are, and they have reviewed the hd598s here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-598
Between the HD598, Sony MDR 1A, and Beats Solo 2 which would you suggest?

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #11 of 13
Between the HD598, Sony MDR 1A, and Beats Solo 2 which would you suggest?

Well, I haven't heard the MDR 1A, but the hd598 and solo 2 are very, very different headphones. If you need something portable at all, the solo 2 are much more portable than the hd598. But, the sennheisers are over ear (and quite roomy at that) so they will ultimately be more comfortable and better for longer listening sessions.
Sound wise the hd598 is definitely superior, but superior doesn't mean you are guaranteed to like it more. Like I said before, the hd598 are open back and have much less sub-bass and no isolation at all, so if any of those things are deal breakers, you may not want to go for the hd598.
On the other hand, the solo2 (despite being the best sounding headphone that beats has come out with to date) is on ear, so you may experience discomfort after while because they stay on your head by applying pressure to your ears. And even being the best sounding headphone beats has come out with, it is easily trumped by others in your price range.
So in the end the final decision is yours, but if you still can't decide, this forum is full of info on all kinds of headphones. The best advice I can give you is to try out some different models if you can, because you are the only person who really knows what you want.

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #12 of 13
i suggest checking this out since it's always being updated and made by a very active veteran in this forum.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame#QSlYdU2PRtLdOglG.97

I can vouch for the v moda xs as a pretty good all rounder. Much more comfy and balanced than my vmoda m80's. The solo2's are pretty good too, unlike the earlier beats headphones, though i havent gotten much listening from those aside from demos.

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #13 of 13
Well, I haven't heard the MDR 1A, but the hd598 and solo 2 are very, very different headphones. If you need something portable at all, the solo 2 are much more portable than the hd598. But, the sennheisers are over ear (and quite roomy at that) so they will ultimately be more comfortable and better for longer listening sessions.
Sound wise the hd598 is definitely superior, but superior doesn't mean you are guaranteed to like it more. Like I said before, the hd598 are open back and have much less sub-bass and no isolation at all, so if any of those things are deal breakers, you may not want to go for the hd598.
On the other hand, the solo2 (despite being the best sounding headphone that beats has come out with to date) is on ear, so you may experience discomfort after while because they stay on your head by applying pressure to your ears. And even being the best sounding headphone beats has come out with, it is easily trumped by others in your price range.
So in the end the final decision is yours, but if you still can't decide, this forum is full of info on all kinds of headphones. The best advice I can give you is to try out some different models if you can, because you are the only person who really knows what you want.
Thanks for the advise. The only problem is that I can't demo any of these headphones because there isn't any audio shop around me!!So the closest that I can get is by asking you guys and reading reviews...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back