I am looking for headphones that are about $350, good for trance and progressive house
Nov 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

abcd

Head-Fier
Sup guys! I finally decided to join head-fi after a year of lurking. Anyways, I need some nice mid range $350 headphones with use with my amp. I have been looking at the AKG K 702's. What are my options. Closed would be nice but not needed. Thanks guys.
happy_face1.gif

I will be mostly using these at my desk with all of my other equipment.

I am sorry if this is in the wrong section!!!!

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Sup guys! I finally decided to join head-fi after a year of lurking. Anyways, I need some nice mid range $350 headphones with use with my amp. I have been looking at the AKG K 702's. What are my options. Closed would be nice but not needed. Thanks guys.
happy_face1.gif

I will be mostly using these at my desk with all of my other equipment.

I don't recommend the K702 for such genres at all. I suggest you look into the D2000 and DT990. Also suggest you look into the Mad Dogs by Mr. Speakers and HE-400, both of which I have never heard but can wholeheartedly recommend based on reviews. 

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 3
I think you should go for something in the Ultrasone range.
I have the HFI-780 and they are fantastic for Trance or any EDM. Clean bass and a refined sound.
Seeing as you have a higher budget, you could look at ultrasone PRO 750, I think its similar to the 780 in terms of sound quality(you would have to research that, or wait for someone who has tried both to confirm that) but it also comes with velour pads and a detachable cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back