I Am Looking For Detailed Accurate Sound...Should I Get The Etymotic’s ER-4P?
Mar 6, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My pair was the black ones with the twisted wire. NO WAY the microphonics have been eliminated. I can't say what they used to be like, but the microphonics are still there.

I've got nothing against the 4P so I hope that this isn't taken as bashing. But I think that you should have as accurate information as possible for making your decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you only listened to it for one hour, you didn't give it a chance at all.

I second Piccolo's comment. One hour is nothing. Also, did you use the shirt clip? I suspect you did not. I use the 4P/s with the shirt clip almost every day, and I hear virtually no microphonics. Also, are you sure you had a proper seal? I use the triple flanges, and I know the seal is a little harder to achieve when they are new, which yours obviously were.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you taste a dish you don't like, do you force yourself to eat a whole meal of it in the hopes that you impression will change?

If the dish is raved about, I will certainly go out of my way to enjoy it, and I'll give it every chance, because I know some of the best foods are an acquired taste. And I think this is true of the ER-4.

I admit that, after listening to my HD-580s, if I go back to the Ety's, they sounds tinny. And for a while I think the sound is inferior. But after 20 minutes or so, I am back in my own nirvana. Sure, they don't have the bass of the Senn's, but the detail more than makes up for it. The bass is not missing, it's just not as "boomy."

The audio on the ER-4 is accurate and extremely detailed -- to the point that you hear things you were never intended to hear. They are my favorite phones.

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #32 of 33
Regarding the microphonics, just loop the cable around your ears. Coming in over/from the front, running along the back side of your ear and down. Works wonders, IMO. Much better than a clip-only config.

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by blipmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regarding the microphonics, just loop the cable around your ears. Coming in over/from the front, running along the back side of your ear and down. Works wonders, IMO. Much better than a clip-only config.

Right. And they sound great if you get a good seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back