i am done playing I will only listen to my ATH-A100ti and my Max Out META42
Nov 15, 2002 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 74
bet you change something within 6 months.
biggrin.gif
there's an mg head for sale in the for sale forum...

me, i want a gilmore
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 7:49 AM Post #3 of 74
Quote:

Audio-Technica ATH-A100Ti Limited Edition Art Headphone, AMP, Max Out META42 built by JMT (Portable) Sony MZ-R700 mini disc, Sangean DT200V Radio, Audio-Technica ATH-A100Ti Limited Edition Art Headphone, Amp Max Out META42 built by JMT

Psssst....this is your wallet speaking. Upgrade your source. You know you want to...
wink.gif

evil_smiley.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 7:55 AM Post #4 of 74
Hah! That's what I said when I first started listening to my Ety's...

Nov 15, 2002 at 8:26 AM Post #5 of 74
well i can help ya with this dilemma.. PM'd you on that mini
smily_headphones1.gif

will be my 1st headphone amp guys. all i have for headphones right now is portapro's so i will have to upgrade. need something with small size but good low end for dance/trance music.

Nov 15, 2002 at 8:51 AM Post #6 of 74
Lou,

Is that because these cans sound so good? That you're tired of bad the sounding stuff you used to have? Or just decided that the upgrade bug has only one cure: swift and sudden death???

Nov 15, 2002 at 9:11 AM Post #7 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by AdamP88
Psssst....this is your wallet speaking. Upgrade your source. You know you want to...
wink.gif

evil_smiley.gif

heheh..didn't know that there's a hidden side about "sorry about your wallet"; even if you don't spend your money, others will for you
tongue.gif
. he's loving his current setup now, but i wonder how much, much more he will love them with a great source...
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 4:13 PM Post #9 of 74
Lou,

You aren't ever done til you're broke.
smily_headphones1.gif

You should upgrade your source, then your amp. And get some speakers too. And a turntable. Don't forget interconnects and power cables, those are components too you know. And let's not forget balanced power and a high quality filter like a brickwall. Oh, did I tell you you have to replace your wall socket with audio grade sockets? And the electrical wiring will just have to go. Replace with 99.9999999% pure 1 gauge silver wire (rods?) for clean power. Btw, upgrade your local power plant too.

And you'll also need an audiophile grade refrigerator, washing machine, microwave, etc.

Don't forget to buy an audiophile grade air purifier. It would be senseless if your air was dirty.

You can also improve your sound with choice gimmicks like shakti stones, green markers, electronic laquers, etc etc etc.

I hear surgically upgraded ears also does wonders.

Or possibly, you can take a break and just enjoy your setup for a while.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 4:40 PM Post #10 of 74
btw, does your source need to be portable? you might look into the new philips 963 dvd/sacd/upsampling cd player. I'm planning to get one of those in a couple of weeks myself.

Nov 15, 2002 at 6:43 PM Post #11 of 74
You all are so evil! Stop tempting the poor man... let his smile stay put for awhile and his wallet lay rest.

Lou, enjoy your setup for a month at least. Then you'll naturally get that itch to start spending again...

Nov 15, 2002 at 8:12 PM Post #13 of 74
Tucci, don't do it man. Enjoy the work of art you have. It's a sickness, man.

The best thing you can do is get out of this forum now, while you still have the chance. Never look at another headphone again. Enjoy what you have. Spend some money on recordings. Scourer the used cd bins, look for bargains, swap music with friends, etc.

Take a nice trip out into the country. Do a little hiking. Sit down, and while listening to Enigma #2, take a big breath and count your blessings.

It's a sickness man. I wanted 1 set and end up with 3. You guys are evil incarnate. damn you all. i love you.
very_evil_smiley.gif

forget the w1000's man. otherwise just get the K1000's or the W2002 and be done with it. oooh, the Senn Orpheus is on sale...

roll up a big one, get laid, and enjoy life, man. don't forget to toast us when you open that fine bottle of beer
wink.gif

keep repeating to yourself, "they are NOT better than my A100Ti's...they are NOT better than my A100Ti's...they are NOT better than my A100Ti's...."

Nov 15, 2002 at 8:33 PM Post #15 of 74
Mallow, there's NOTHING wrong with the w1000's. But it'd be like me, who just got his AD10's, trading up to the AD11's...

or you trading last year's car for the same type of this year, and your old car has less than 1000 miles on it.

it's an easy way to lose a lot of money quickly.

Tucci, let's hope that there's someone near you whom you can compare phones with (once he gets the a1000's).

if you bought the $20 Harry Potter book, you don't buy the $75 edition just because it's gold leaf and leatherette binding. The type face is exactly the same. The paper is actually the same. The illustrations are exactly the same. (or to put it another way, my NAS bible is the $7 edition, not the $40 edition).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back