I am a death metal guitarist moving into an apartment soon.
Oct 19, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #33 of 43

Quote:
I see. They're still a possible choice, and I really like the looks and reviews of the Kickers. Thank you all.

The kickers are overlooked by many but I can tell you. They isolate very well. Very comparable to a higher end Audio Technica M50. To me they actually sound better..They are made very well with 2 cables included in the box. Give them a go. They have a very full complete sound and the Bass on them are borderline bass head. But for metal music.. Ie. Pantera, Slayer, Sepultura.. Just awesome.! Give them a go. And with these you can be as loud as you want without bothering a single person..

Oct 19, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #34 of 43

Quote:
The kickers are overlooked by many but I can tell you. They isolate very well. Very comparable to a higher end Audio Technica M50. To me they actually sound better..They are made very well with 2 cables included in the box. Give them a go. They have a very full complete sound and the Bass on them are borderline bass head. But for metal music.. Ie. Pantera, Slayer, Sepultura.. Just awesome.! Give them a go. And with these you can be as loud as you want without bothering a single person..

Are they good for other music as well? I love Jazz and good rap, as well.

Oct 19, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #35 of 43

Quote:
Are they good for other music as well? I love Jazz and good rap, as well.

Yes..And they meet your budget. There are better cans in the market but for the cost and what you need them for. I think you are looking at the right cans.. Give them a nice 40 hour burn in and they will smooth out a bit and you will get some good use out of them. They come with a shorter 3 ft cable for your mp3 and drive extremely well on them and with a 11 ft heavy duty one for your home..Also comes with 1/4th adapter and carry bag.. Bang for your bucks.

Oct 19, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #36 of 43

Quote:

Yes..And they meet your budget. There are better cans in the market but for the cost and what you need them for. I think you are looking at the right cans.. Give them a nice 40 hour burn in and they will smooth out a bit and you will get some good use out of them. They come with a shorter 3 ft cable for your mp3 and drive extremely well on them and with a 11 ft heavy duty one for your home..Also comes with 1/4th adapter and carry bag.. Bang for your bucks.

They sound perfect. Thank you.

I'd stay, but I'm not an expert on audio accessories, so I'd have nothing to contribute to this forum. 

Au revoir. 

Oct 19, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #37 of 43

Quote:
They sound perfect. Thank you.
I'd stay, but I'm not an expert on audio accessories, so I'd have nothing to contribute to this forum. Au revoir. 

Enjoy your new cans and return to the thread after you get them and let me know how you like them. I like hearing that I gave the right recommend.. Good luck and happy listening.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #38 of 43

Quote:
To use the simulators you speak of would require a 1/4 inch on one end, and a USB on the other, yes?

Okay, thank you. I do want to make sure it sounds good though, I don't want my tone to sound horrible, of course.

Don't know if you solved this already, but software based amp simulators just use the 1/8" microphone input on your sound card. So you just need a 1/4" -> 1/8" converter, or a soundcard that takes 1/4" inputs.

Nov 13, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #39 of 43

Quote:
Don't know if you solved this already, but software based amp simulators just use the 1/8" microphone input on your sound card. So you just need a 1/4" -> 1/8" converter, or a soundcard that takes 1/4" inputs.

I've decided to go for a digital modeling thingy, which will also require headphones. 
The apartment thing didn't work out, I'll be going to live somewhere else. 
I've found a buyer for my amp, and I'll tell you guys what I think of the kickers as soon as I buy them, which will be very soon. 

You sure they don't do USB either?

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #40 of 43
It wouldn't make sense for them to do USB. You would need an Analog-to-Digital converter to convert the analog guitar signal to digital USB signal. It's much easier to just use the soundcard since 1/4" -> 1/8" adapters are ubiquitous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back