I am a death metal guitarist moving into an apartment soon.
post-7832364
Post #31 of 43

Dsnuts

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
12,314
Reaction score
11,939
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Posts
12,314
Likes
11,939


Quote:
But will I be able to hear them? 


Ya. You will be able to hear others because of the vents. But on mid to higher volumes it will mask the outside world.
 
     Share This Post       
post-7833167
Post #32 of 43

choopashoopa

New Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
10
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Posts
16
Likes
10
I see. They're still a possible choice, and I really like the looks and reviews of the Kickers. 

Thank you all.
 
     Share This Post       
post-7833231
Post #33 of 43

Dsnuts

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
12,314
Reaction score
11,939
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Posts
12,314
Likes
11,939


Quote:
I see. They're still a possible choice, and I really like the looks and reviews of the Kickers. Thank you all.


The kickers are overlooked by many but I can tell you. They isolate very well. Very comparable to a higher end Audio Technica M50. To me they actually sound better..They are made very well with 2 cables included in the box. Give them a go. They have a very full complete sound and the Bass on them are borderline bass head. But for metal music.. Ie. Pantera, Slayer, Sepultura.. Just awesome.! Give them a go. And with these you can be as loud as you want without bothering a single person..
 
     Share This Post       
  • Like
Reactions: choopashoopa
post-7833331
Post #34 of 43

choopashoopa

New Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
10
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Posts
16
Likes
10


Quote:
The kickers are overlooked by many but I can tell you. They isolate very well. Very comparable to a higher end Audio Technica M50. To me they actually sound better..They are made very well with 2 cables included in the box. Give them a go. They have a very full complete sound and the Bass on them are borderline bass head. But for metal music.. Ie. Pantera, Slayer, Sepultura.. Just awesome.! Give them a go. And with these you can be as loud as you want without bothering a single person..


Are they good for other music as well? I love Jazz and good rap, as well.
 
     Share This Post       
post-7833339
Post #35 of 43

Dsnuts

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
12,314
Reaction score
11,939
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Posts
12,314
Likes
11,939


Quote:
Are they good for other music as well? I love Jazz and good rap, as well.

 
Yes..And they meet your budget. There are better cans in the market but for the cost and what you need them for. I think you are looking at the right cans.. Give them a nice 40 hour burn in and they will smooth out a bit and you will get some good use out of them. They come with a shorter 3 ft cable for your mp3 and drive extremely well on them and with a 11 ft heavy duty one for your home..Also comes with 1/4th adapter and carry bag.. Bang for your bucks.
 
     Share This Post       
post-7833373
Post #36 of 43

choopashoopa

New Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
10
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Posts
16
Likes
10


Quote:
 
Yes..And they meet your budget. There are better cans in the market but for the cost and what you need them for. I think you are looking at the right cans.. Give them a nice 40 hour burn in and they will smooth out a bit and you will get some good use out of them. They come with a shorter 3 ft cable for your mp3 and drive extremely well on them and with a 11 ft heavy duty one for your home..Also comes with 1/4th adapter and carry bag.. Bang for your bucks.


They sound perfect. Thank you.

I'd stay, but I'm not an expert on audio accessories, so I'd have nothing to contribute to this forum. 

Au revoir. 
 
     Share This Post       
post-7833381
Post #37 of 43

Dsnuts

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
12,314
Reaction score
11,939
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Posts
12,314
Likes
11,939


Quote:
They sound perfect. Thank you.
I'd stay, but I'm not an expert on audio accessories, so I'd have nothing to contribute to this forum. Au revoir. 


Enjoy your new cans and return to the thread after you get them and let me know how you like them. I like hearing that I gave the right recommend.. Good luck and happy listening.
 
     Share This Post       
post-7889161
Post #38 of 43

thrillhaus

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 12, 2011
Messages
113
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jun 12, 2011
Posts
113
Likes
10


Quote:
To use the simulators you speak of would require a 1/4 inch on one end, and a USB on the other, yes?

Okay, thank you. I do want to make sure it sounds good though, I don't want my tone to sound horrible, of course.
 
 


Don't know if you solved this already, but software based amp simulators just use the 1/8" microphone input on your sound card. So you just need a 1/4" -> 1/8" converter, or a soundcard that takes 1/4" inputs.
 
     Share This Post       
post-7890010
Post #39 of 43

choopashoopa

New Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
10
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Posts
16
Likes
10


Quote:
Don't know if you solved this already, but software based amp simulators just use the 1/8" microphone input on your sound card. So you just need a 1/4" -> 1/8" converter, or a soundcard that takes 1/4" inputs.

I've decided to go for a digital modeling thingy, which will also require headphones. 
The apartment thing didn't work out, I'll be going to live somewhere else. 
I've found a buyer for my amp, and I'll tell you guys what I think of the kickers as soon as I buy them, which will be very soon. 
 
You sure they don't do USB either?
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-7894882
Post #40 of 43

thrillhaus

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 12, 2011
Messages
113
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jun 12, 2011
Posts
113
Likes
10
It wouldn't make sense for them to do USB. You would need an Analog-to-Digital converter to convert the analog guitar signal to digital USB signal. It's much easier to just use the soundcard since 1/4" -> 1/8" adapters are ubiquitous.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8012571
Post #41 of 43

choopashoopa

New Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
10
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Posts
16
Likes
10
I ended up getting the Samsons and I really dig em. Although I hear crackling sometimes. :/
 
     Share This Post       
post-8012606
Post #42 of 43

Dsnuts

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
12,314
Reaction score
11,939
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Posts
12,314
Likes
11,939
Take out your pad and look into the driver. The crackling can be a piece of hair. It happens.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8012632
Post #43 of 43

choopashoopa

New Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
10
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Posts
16
Likes
10
Take out your pad and look into the driver. The crackling can be a piece of hair. It happens.

Thanks! Got it. I really like these. They sound super cool, and really comfy. They're huge though lol!
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top