HZSOUNDS Heart Mirror
Mar 25, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #46 of 93
Thanks, for a second there I thought that you had them stacked. And yes, R5s are brilliant small do-it-all thingies and one our staff member has one just for pure pleasure.

Performance wise ZEN DAC is essentially our hip-dac for desktop use and without batteris :)
I will consider both carefully, as I really like the convenience of the size and form hip-dac.

Mar 25, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #47 of 93
I will consider both carefully, as I really like the convenience of the size and form hip-dac.

Sure, if you have any additional questions by all means feel free to ask via a PM!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #49 of 93
I am soooo.....tempted to get the Zen DAC. My reservations about the Hip-dac is the reports I read about the battery life.

The main connecting factor of the hip-dac and the zen-dac is the Burr Brown DAC. In my mind it gives a slightly retro but clear, clean sound reminding me of the old NAD sound. My hip-dac keeps it's charge well when left on off and definitely lasts a good few hours, but I am aware some have battery problems. Luckily I don't. Of course with the Zen DAC there is no such problem. The Zen DAC is unbelievable value.

Mar 25, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #50 of 93
I've been listening to the Heart Mirror for a couple of days solidly now, after not having used them for ages. I forgot how good they sound. Timbre is exceptional and they reproduce rock guitars beautifully. I've just listened to six different versions of All Along the Watchtower, all with great guitar. Also the great track Slabo Day is so good through the Heart Mirror. Straight back in my rotation.

Mar 26, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #51 of 93
Interesting experience:

I was evaluating the Heart Mirror, not listening to them too much because I was keeping them pristine for selling.

I hooked them up to the 9038D or whatever that powerful amp is called, and it did improve the soundstage and layering.

Since it was on a computer, I decided to play a bit of the remastered "System Shock 2," which is a legendary PC game with excellent sound design.

Like the BL-01, it gives a relatively confined soundstage, but this is appropriate in this genre. Everything was clearly resolved, and the directionality was good. Music was also the right timbre [it's D&B].

So I can recommend the Heart Mirror for this genre. Maybe try it with Alien: Isolation :) I'll let you know!

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #52 of 93
I am surprised that particular model is not available in the US.

Get those available, try them and if any of them is not what you want you are entitled to return them.....you are the customer. Also, tell us which one you eventually got.
Got the sonata hd pro and the Neoteck NTK059. For some reason, the volume is really tiny with my sonata hd pro when I connect it with my galaxy s10e. It seems to work fine with my MacBook Pro. It's so bad that it doesn't drive my er4sr at all with my s10e!! I have no idea what's going on. Anyone has any clue?

The problem with neoteck seems to be hiss. Even though it's only noticeable when there is no music. Also its almost non existent when you don't use the high gain with high impedance iem like er4sr. On the other hand, for low impedance it's really pronounced. There is also another problem, when you charge it boosts the hiss! So I am not sure what to do with that. In one hand it's not a problem, as you can't hear the hiss when you have music going on even with er4sr. I have to get more listening hours to see if it's usable. For now, neoteck is staying.

On the other hand, it(neoteck) drives the er4sr really well. My er4sr digs out more details, also the soundstage seems to have become bigger. I will need more time to be sure about the soundstage though.

Finally, I have ordered heart mirror, can't wait!!

Apr 3, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #53 of 93
Got the sonata hd pro and the Neoteck NTK059. For some reason, the volume is really tiny with my sonata hd pro when I connect it with my galaxy s10e. It seems to work fine with my MacBook Pro. It's so bad that it doesn't drive my er4sr at all with my s10e!! I have no idea what's going on. Anyone has any clue?

The problem with neoteck seems to be hiss. Even though it's only noticeable when there is no music. Also its almost non existent when you don't use the high gain with high impedance iem like er4sr. On the other hand, for low impedance it's really pronounced. There is also another problem, when you charge it boosts the hiss! So I am not sure what to do with that. In one hand it's not a problem, as you can't hear the hiss when you have music going on even with er4sr. I have to get more listening hours to see if it's usable. For now, neoteck is staying.

On the other hand, it(neoteck) drives the er4sr really well. My er4sr digs out more details, also the soundstage seems to have become bigger. I will need more time to be sure about the soundstage though.

Finally, I have ordered heart mirror, can't wait!!

Are u at max volume on the volume controller of the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro? On a smartphone, u need to also use an app such as Hiby App to go to USB exclusive audio access or USB audio performance mode so that the phone bypasses its own DAC and uses the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro's DAC.

Also, you can download the latest firmware from the tempotec site here: http://www.tempotec.com.cn/en/3-Support/index.htm

And another tip is to just put a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter to the Sonata HD Pro to make it output at max 2V output. Otherwise, by default, it will autoadjust the output based on what is the impedance of the connected IEM. Whatever the case, the 2V max output can't drive planars or very demanding gear, but it should do a relatively okay job for most IEMs.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #54 of 93
Are u at max volume on the volume controller of the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro? On a smartphone, u need to also use an app such as Hiby App to go to USB exclusive audio access or USB audio performance mode so that the phone bypasses its own DAC and uses the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro's DAC.

Also, you can download the latest firmware from the tempotec site here: http://www.tempotec.com.cn/en/3-Support/index.htm

And another tip is to just put a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter to the Sonata HD Pro to make it output at max 2V output. Otherwise, by default, it will autoadjust the output based on what is the impedance of the connected IEM. Whatever the case, the 2V max output can't drive planars or very demanding gear, but it should do a relatively okay job for most IEMs.
Well I use Spotify for music, is there any way to force it? Also as I was testing it with er4sr, I thought it would use the full power, no?
*Update* It can play my edx from my galaxy s10e. Also the sound is quite good and has high volume. On the other hand, there is no sound when I use my er4sr! Is this a hardware issue?

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #55 of 93
Well I use Spotify for music, is there any way to force it? Also as I was testing it with er4sr, I thought it would use the full power, no?
*Update* It can play my edx from my galaxy s10e. Also the sound is quite good and has high volume. On the other hand, there is no sound when I use my er4sr! Is this a hardware issue?

Hi @Jitu13 I will put your post in the dedicated Tempotec Sonata HD Pro thread to also ask the others for their advise, so as not to derail this HZSound thread.

I hope they can help you there, as I'm not the most technical hardware person.

Jun 16, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #57 of 93
Hi There ..
I've been listening to the Heart Mirror for a couple of days solidly now, after not having used them for ages. I forgot how good they sound. Timbre is exceptional and they reproduce rock guitars beautifully. I've just listened to six different versions of All Along the Watchtower, all with great guitar. Also the great track Slabo Day is so good through the Heart Mirror. Straight back in my rotation.
Hi guys !
Im an audio mixing engineer . neutral and natural with lots of details is my thing .

but now is about casual listening.
for casual I started from CCA CA12 > BL 03 > Tin T2 Plus ( current go to ) >

Now im hooked to Hifiman Sundara ( my base line in technicalities and tuning ) daily and sometimes T2 plus.

As for the tin T2 Plus was okay for me . balanced and soft and safe tuning . tuning is only its strength . technicalities not . imaging is quite wide . but not accurate at all . kinda artifical on this Tin.

i would really appreciate a natural and more or less flat/neutral plus details. and better technicalities ( seperation and timbre accuracy is most important to me )

will this HZ Sound Heart Mirror tick all the boxes and an upgrade of sound quality over my previous iems?

Jun 16, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #58 of 93
Hi guys !

Im an audio mixing engineer . neutral and natural with lots of details is my thing .

Now im hooked to Hifiman Sundara ( my base line in technicalities and tuning ) daily and sometimes T2 plus.

As for the tin T2 Plus was okay for me . balanced and soft and safe tuning . tuning is only its strength . technicalities not . imaging is quite wide . but not accurate at all . kinda artifical on this Tin.

i would really appreciate a natural and more or less flat/neutral plus details. and better technicalities ( seperation and timbre accuracy is most important to me )

will this HZ Sound Heart Mirror tick all the boxes and an upgrade of sound quality over my previous iems?

Jun 16, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #59 of 93
Hi There ..

Hi guys !

The Heart Mirror, to me, is flat enough in it's tuning, because the bass does not overwhelm the FR. Timbre is good, and it has a 'pure' tone that is bright but not fatiguing. An unusual 'shiny', 'pure' sound. Separation is fine. Not the biggest stage, some width, but average in other depts such as imaging. Separation is fine. Very pleasing sound but bright.

Jun 16, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #60 of 93
Hi There ..

Hi guys !

The HZSound Heart Mirror is a neutralish bright set, and when amped, has one of the best technicalities for a sub $100 single DD IEM. Other than in soundstage, it does very well for imaging, instrument separation, clarity and details.

It eats the blon bl03 and tin T2 plus in the technicalities department, and it isn't even close.

Timbre is very natural and accurate on the HZsound Heart Mirror for both vocals and acoustic instruments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back