Hysolid
Apr 16, 2016 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

AitchKay

New Head-Fier
Has anybody else tried the Hysolid player ? Bit unusual in needing a smartphone to control it and the interface is a bit clunky but IMHO it sounds more natural and presents a wider / deeper soundstage than than JRMC - and no I'm not associated with the product.

Wouldn't mind hearing other opinions - just to alleviate my "placeboitis" 

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 30
I am heavily using HYSOLID player.  I used to use foobar2000 but I replaced to HYSOLID because the SQ is far better than foobar.  I built HTPC for it and connects iFi audio's micro iDAC2 to feed my main audio system.  Since the player has released very recently, there are several issues remained but I believe they will catch up.

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #3 of 30
Thanks hamachan, confirms my own feelings precisely. For my ears the sq is far better than foobar and imho also better than jrmc - as you say it does have a few issues but is certainly heading in the right direction. I'm particularly impressed by the ability to use it without logging on to windoze - reducing the number of services etc ( bit like what fidelizer does after the event so to speak ).

Glad I'm not alone on this one.

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #4 of 30
  Thanks hamachan, confirms my own feelings precisely. For my ears the sq is far better than foobar and imho also better than jrmc - as you say it does have a few issues but is certainly heading in the right direction. I'm particularly impressed by the ability to use it without logging on to windoze - reducing the number of services etc ( bit like what fidelizer does after the event so to speak ).

Glad I'm not alone on this one.

HYSOLID was developed by a software development company "SIer" located near Akihabara (well known as electronics town), Tokyo, though this player was developed as the president Mr. Tatsuo Yamaguchi's hobby according to his blog :)  This player was fully supported by famous audio enthusiast PC shop, Oliospec also located in Akihabara, Tokyo.  I could not introduce those URL for you since all of them are written by Japanese ;(  Yeah as you said this product goes to right direction indeed.

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #5 of 30
I'd still be interested to see how much of that information Google translate can recover, if you'd care to share the links!

I'm trying this player out today. It's a cool concept

Jul 10, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #6 of 30
Aug 7, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #7 of 30
Hello, I'd like to ask a Hysolid question her, even if the thread is already a bit older. I recently installed HySolid on my Win 10 PC (RME 9632 sound card, digital out to DA converter) plus the app on my Samsung phone.

The app on my phone says it did connect to my PC, and shows my files, however I do not manage to playback any of my files (flac mostly), I choose Wasapi driver or JPlay, but either it says there is a "12001" problem with the connection to Wasapi interface or "failed to connect to the DAC (ASIO interface) - error 10.004.

Windows firewall just as virus scanner are currently switched off.

I'd be very glad to get any input.

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #8 of 30
  Hello, I'd like to ask a Hysolid question her, even if the thread is already a bit older. I recently installed HySolid on my Win 10 PC (RME 9632 sound card, digital out to DA converter) plus the app on my Samsung phone.

The app on my phone says it did connect to my PC, and shows my files, however I do not manage to playback any of my files (flac mostly), I choose Wasapi driver or JPlay, but either it says there is a "12001" problem with the connection to Wasapi interface or "failed to connect to the DAC (ASIO interface) - error 10.004.

RME9632 sound card might be the problem.  Why are you still using such old fashioned system (PCI sound card plus DA converter) by the way?  Doesn't your DA converter accept USB signal directly (cannot be used as USB-DAC)?  I used to use exactly same way as you (PCM digital out from PC and feed into D/A converter in pre-main amp) but I recognized last year that modern USB-DACs perform much better.  Recommendable USB-DACs are listed in HYSOLID homepage.  I am currently using iFi audio's micro iDAC2 for HYSOLID installed on windows 10 PC.

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #9 of 30

You might like to check out the Hysolid thread on the JPLAY computer Audio forum. They've been dealing with a variety of Hysolid glitches and you may find suggestions that could help with your problems.

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #12 of 30
Actually no update has been made for long time but I am still using it for the main audio system at home because I cannot find better audio player than Hysolid.

How do you do it? with my phone it just crashed after opening it. Could not use it at all. Are you using an old android?

I installed foobar remote instead, and painstakingly installed dsd for foobar. That works well.

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #13 of 30
How do you do it? with my phone it just crashed after opening it. Could not use it at all. Are you using an old android?

I installed foobar remote instead, and painstakingly installed dsd for foobar. That works well.
I am using it on iphone / ipad for the controller without major issue (there is a bug for searching function though). Note that music server must be windows PC. I used to use foobar on my PC but hysolid is far superior than foobar in terms of sound quality.
https://www.hysolid.com/

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #14 of 30
Oh thanks! I didn't think about trying with Ipad. I've got an old Ipad that I use to read newspaper, it actually works well with it. Funny combo though, need an Ipad to make a pc program works :p

I think I have an old Iphone somewhere as well that I could use as remote. I can't tell yet if sound quality is better or not but I like the bitperfect (at least it says it), and it's easier to set it then foobar.

Just pity it doesn't work with android.

Dec 30, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #15 of 30
I can get it work no problem. But there are 2 issues with HYSOLID.

It sounds amazing and way better than Foobar and other players. SQ is not the issue.

1. It never finds ASIO options that arent USB. I had 3 Asio Options for it to choose from: Behringer USB asio, M-audio sound card and a Lynx soundcard.
I know it says something about soundcards but the good ones support ASIO. Like an ASIO driver is an ASIO driver right? Why just USB asio? Sure it gives a WASAPI option for those cards but is there a way to make it think the ASIO driver is a USB ASIO driver? The JPLAY thread seems to indicate they can get it to see JPLAY so why not a soundcard?? And before I get the "its 2018, USB is better soundcards suck" lecture, the Lynx is a great DAC and just works and puts out a balanced signal. Its hard to find a good usb dac especially with balanced outs and analog vc for $399. 2ndly I am upgrading the Lynx (i think) in favor of the Dante network dac...specifically the focusrite am2. There is a "virtual soundcard" ASIO driver and I am hoping to use that. I should have the AM2 next week but would like to get the Lynx working before then.

2. It never seems to find tracks on a NAS. The FAQ mentions something about drive letters but my MYCLOUD doesnt show up with drive letters. Any ideas? Thanks!
@hamachan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back