Hyland Headphones introduces 2 new models… Venus and Eclispe
Jan 17, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #34 of 40
I almost went for the Eclipse, but ultimately decided on the Venus since I prefer open backs overall. Not sure how many Eclipse are out in the wild, but the 2-tone wood aesthetic and unique chamber design to make it sound as "open" as possible is very intriguing. If I was looking for closed, these would get some serious consideration, especially given how impressive the Venus sounds.

Jan 17, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #36 of 40
Jan 17, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #38 of 40
For me the big question is: Venus vs. Jupiter (my post nr. 31).

I did see that post and intended to reply, but forgot about it I guess.

Anyway, I no longer have the Jupiter so could not do a direct comparison, so take this with a grain of salt. The tuning of the Venus is definitely on the warmer side, anchored by a deeper, more impactful low end. They are a bit v-shaped, but pretty well balanced overall to my ears. I do not find mids to be recessed at all, and are not too forward sounding in the upper mids. Despite an uptick in the upper mids/lower treble, I detect no harshness or fatigue in the upper registers. These are a very smooth, yet detailed listen.

From memory, Jupiter is the more neutral headphone with some warmth, but does not have the same authority in the bass as the Venus. Mids are very natural sounding on both and very similar in presentation. While still relatively smooth, I did hear the Jupiter as being a bit hotter in the treble region, which I did lead to some mild fatigue for me. Perhaps this is simply due to the fact that the bass wasn't as powerful, so the perception of more prominent, detailed highs was evident.

I honestly think you'd be happy with either, but I personally prefer the more romantic tuning of the Venus. Just an overall, more "fun" tuning for me that does well with rock music.

Jul 18, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #40 of 40
I personally mulled over the Eclipse a few times. I have the Jupiter One in Ash wood and love them to death. Had him add an extra layer of padding for a 2DB increase in the lows. I can't comment on the Venus and ear shape and size also play a huge part but I can confirm that:

- These are the lightest full size headphones I have ever had. It literally feels like I am not wearing anything at all
- There are very sturdy and I can hardly see them breaking. Really solid yet flexible.
- These are a pad swapper's dream. The previous stock pads he was using were too small for me. My ears are on the bigger side. I purchased many pads and my overall favorites are the ZMF Ori Suedes and Oval Hybrid perforated lambskin/velour pads from Brainwavz
- They go reeeeeally well with tubes and I mean reaaaally well! Class A also does wonders with them!
- Alex is a really swell guy and I believe the cables are now up a notch since he has outsourced them to NLovell who makes great cables. He still makes the wood splits for them though.

I know he did a price bump on his headphones. Bought my Jupiters for 400 GBP at the time and still think they are the best bang for buck headphones I have owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back