Hyland Headphones introduces 2 new models… Venus and Eclispe
Jul 19, 2021 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Strayngs

Headphoneus Supremus
I stumbled across an exciting announcement today. Alex Hyland has introduced the Venus which is his new flagship open back and the Eclispe which is the company’s first closed back model.
FEFE0985-C754-454C-9358-011A562BD1E4.jpeg
3F74BEB8-F89D-453E-888F-B7A7028DB1E3.jpeg

If you are unaware of Hylands Headphones, they are very well made and sound amazing for their price. Hyland headphones are available in different wood options. Alex is a great guy who give great customer service. Seriously, if you are in the market for new headphones….check out his stuff.

Here are the specs for the Venus

• Open backed, circumaural (around ear) design
  • Sheepskin pads and Hybrid protein leather and velour pads
  • 50mm 32ohm dynamic drivers
  • Cups turned from a selection of beautiful, ethically sourced hardwoods. Please contact us to find out about wood availability.
  • Comes as standard with NLovell Cables 1.6m cable terminated with a 3.5mm stereo jack + 1/4” adapter. Other lengths and terminations available on request.
  • Weight: ~360g without cable (wood dependent)
  • Comes packaged in a padded wooden box hand branded with the Hyland Headphones Logo. Also includes hand-printed protective bag and certificate of authenticity
  • 3 year warranty

Here are the specs for the Eclipse

• Closed backed, circumaural (around ear) design
  • Sheepskin pads
  • 50mm 32ohm dynamic drivers
  • Cups turned from a selection of beautiful, ethically sourced hardwoods. Please contact us to find out about wood availability.
  • Comes as standard with NLovell Cables 1.6m cable terminated with a 3.5mm stereo jack + 1/4” adapter. Other lengths and terminations available on request.
  • Weight: ~450g without cable (wood dependent)
  • Comes packaged in a padded wooden box hand branded with the Hyland Headphones Logo. Also includes hand-printed protective bag and certificate of authenticity
  • 3 year warranty

You can find more information here
https://www.hylandheadphones.com/

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 40
Just wondering if anyone has ordered one of these?

Aug 4, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 40
All Hylands appear to use the same driver. The Peerless Tymphany driver is nice and cheap, and used by several other boutique (expensive) headphone companies. Readily available to anyone for diy projects ($20 per pair).

Aug 4, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #6 of 40
Dont really love the Peerless driver from the few sets Ive tried (my DIY, ETA, and Hyland). Prefer over 6XX but not EMU / THX00.
Unbeatable for the price (direct). Competitively priced in terms of sound quality from the headphone companies (ETA, Hyland, Kennerton, Aurorus, LTS).

Aug 4, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #7 of 40
Just wondering if anyone has ordered one of these?

Me... I've owned the Saturn and Jupiter so figured I might as well try the Venus! I'm a big fan of Alex's work and am very curious to hear how his headphones have evolved along the way. It is really cool what he is doing with these drivers and I can't wait to hear the Venus. I should hopefully have them in a few weeks time.

Aug 4, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #8 of 40
Dont really love the Peerless driver from the few sets Ive tried (my DIY, ETA, and Hyland). Prefer over 6XX but not EMU / THX00.
Unbeatable for the price (direct). Competitively priced in terms of sound quality from the headphone companies (ETA, Hyland, Kennerton, Aurorus, LTS).

I thought this looked like a Peerless. I have faith in Alex's tuning ability to get the best out of these drivers and love the Hyland aesthetic so couldn't resist. I look forward to comparing this to my ETA Gen G.

Aug 4, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #11 of 40
I really liked the Saturn one and thought it was phenomenal for its price tag. He really does get the most out of those drivers.

Aug 4, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #12 of 40
Me... I've owned the Saturn and Jupiter so figured I might as well try the Venus! I'm a big fan of Alex's work and am very curious to hear how his headphones have evolved along the way. It is really cool what he is doing with these drivers and I can't wait to hear the Venus. I should hopefully have them in a few weeks time.
Very cool. If you will... please post your impressions as I'd be very interested to see them. Thanks

Aug 4, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #14 of 40
I really liked the Saturn one and thought it was phenomenal for its price tag. He really does get the most out of those drivers.
I thought Saturn was really bright. Not sure if I tried one or two (?). Would have to look back at posts and private messages.

How do you know its the most? Have you tried the other company’s takes (companies mentioned in previous post). Hyland sells 4 variations on the same driver, so which of his headphones gets the most of the driver? From the outside it mostly looks like pad differences besides closed model. Not saying Hyland is bad, Im saying your logic is bad.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #15 of 40
I thought Saturn was really bright. Not sure if I tried one or two (?). Would have to look back at posts and private messages.

How do you know its the most? Have you tried the other company’s takes (companies mentioned in previous post). Hyland sells 4 variations on the same driver, so which of his headphones gets the most of the driver? From the outside it mostly looks like pad differences besides closed model. Not saying Hyland is bad, Im saying your logic is bad.
Dude it's a general term saying that I liked his headphones and what he does with those drivers. I don't care what you think about my logic my friend. My ears like what I hear... you can go troll somewhere else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back