1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HYLA Audio Nerva X & CE-05 Impression thread

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. productred
    Calyx M is one of the, if not THE, DAP with the lowest output impedance on the market. So low that they had to give away an adaptor to raise that a little. But then it'd benefit pricky pairing piezo iems such as the CE-5 very well.

2. rq1111
    The best match I heard is Dp-x1a when I test at the shop. I use my Opus 2 to test it initially and I dislike it as it sounds W-signature but when the owner ask me to test it with dp-x1a, I was amazed by it!

Which cable did you use for balance on wm1a?

I still find that the impedance matching does affect the overall sounds from CE-5.

3. productred
    W-signature is nothing to dislike unless it's very against your personal preference - in my dictionary it's the modern interpretation and more technically capable version of the classic V or U shape signature loved by many. I hate V and U but I find the W very likeable.

With the CE-5 my daily three pieces iem combo becomes:
    UERR - Flat reference monitor signature
    MH335DWSR - Pyramid reference monitor signature
    CE-5 - W-shape musical signature

I paired it with ORB ultimate 4.4mm, which is a nicely implemented PC-Triple C cable with Topura 4.4 plug.

4. Marvellous_DAP
    Yep. It is a perfect match. Interesting that it is not on balanced connection but sounds better than DAP which is balanced.

rq1111 likes this.
  5. alphanumerix1
    Both Hyla iems are showing out of stock for me on the Hyla website. Anyone seeing the same thing?

6. Mimouille
    I bought them all to create scarcity on the market. Mwahahahaha

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  7. alphanumerix1
    Oh you :wink:

8. ctaxxxx
    Lol wait really? Did I just buy the last one?

Edit: It really does say out of stock! Wow, really glad I ordered last night.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  9. Marvellous_DAP
    So this is probably the limited 200 sets?

Wonder if they will have subsequent batch in other colours, e.g. black?

10. productred
    Not sure........but one thing I'm quite sure is that the limited 200 sets had not all been produced yet. As with all the local Japanese boutique manufacturers (although HYLA does have the backing of a bigger co) the production rate is soooooooooooooooo slow that the production of the 200 sets probably span over the year at least. Meticulous craftsmanship.

11. alphanumerix1
    Black would be nice.

12. productred
    The current colour is all black when worn. The purple hue is pretty dark.

13. rq1111
    Today I went to buy a Onkyo dp-x1a but is a demo unit as no more new set. I still cannot find any of my daps that match well with my CE-5. Why?

Yesterday night, I listen to it using wm1a and I find the timber for the piano is not right as it is thin. It seems the range from 200-500hz is lower so it does not have much body to the piano sound. I use Sony xba-z5 to compare with CE-5 and the z5 sounds more true even though my z5 still not burn-in much. I like to use piano music to test as my daughter is learning piano so I know how the timber for piano sound.

Today, I went to the shop where I buy the Hyla and I use my memory of yesterday listening to compare to Onkyo using the same track. At once, I fall in love with CE-5 again. The synergy of CE-5 and dp-x1a is just right matching.

14. etnt
    Buy the demo unit before it’s sold

rq1111 likes this.
  15. rq1111
    Yes, I have no choice but to buy it.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last