Hybrid IEM decisions
Nov 4, 2018 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

crashtest33

Member of the Trade (Cable maker)
Has anyone heard both the iBasso IT04 and the DUNU DK-3001?
What are your thoughts?
Anything else worth considering for an upper end hybrid universal?

Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 11
Sorry, I wasn’t clear. Not summit-fi, just upper end. Sub US$800 ideally.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 11
Campfire Solaris, Sony IER-Z1R, EE Legend X, Tia Trio, N8, Tia Fourte
Sorry pal. Bit steep for me. I wasn’t clear. Not summit-fi, just upper end. Sub US$800 ideally.
The Empire Bravado looks interesting but I think it’s a dual BA unit.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #6 of 11
I’d say either Polaris or Bravado for a V-shaped sound or Blessing for more neutral.

Nov 5, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #7 of 11
Hi @crashtest33,

Just go for the IT 04 & you won't &/or go wrong though just to compare I would also suggest Sony IER M7 though the latter is more professional reference style but has a nice warm tone compared to IT 04 clear full range which can be symphonic &/or orchestral.

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 5, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #8 of 11
Hi @crashtest33,

Just go for the IT 04 & you won't &/or go wrong though just to compare I would also suggest Sony IER M7 though the latter is more professional reference style but has a nice warm tone compared to IT 04 clear full range which can be symphonic &/or orchestral.
Hope you have a great day !

Thanks Pal.
I'm booked at the Custom IEM Co. in the UK to listen to various CIEM's including the UE 6 Pro Hybrid. If they don't blow me away compared to the DN1000, I'll try and listen to the IT04's

Nov 6, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #9 of 11
I agreed with @PaganDL, IT04 is a good buy. The sound signature is more suitable for wide range of genre. The stock cable is good. Bravado is good but the bass is recessed. Good stock cable as well! If you can stretch your budget a little bit to 1000k, Campfire Audio Dorado would be another good choice.

https://campfireaudio.com/shop/dorado/

Nov 6, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #10 of 11
So! A bit of news.
I’ve gone for the UE RR!!
I tried all the others including the lower UE range and to my ears the RR was head and shoulders above everything in almost every regard.
Didn’t need a Hybrid after all!!
The JH Audio 3x were terrible as were the 64Audio A3e. Muddy bass which screwed with the mid and treble. They were even buried by the UE 5 Pro!

The clarity and shear presence of the RR was astounding. While the 5, 6 & 7 were clear and precise, they still sounded slightly veiled.

I’m excited.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back