HURRICANE KATRINA RAFFLE: PREHEAD prototype raffle for the victims of Katrina
Sep 5, 2005 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

Jan Meier

King Corda
Member of the Trade: Meier Audio
Dear headfellows,

The raffle that we had for the victims of the tsunami was a great success. Now disaster has struck again. The hurricane Katrina has caused incredible pain and suffer. Time for another lottery!

I have another PREHEAD MkII prototype left and this one will be used to raise some money for the victims of Katrina.

Everybody who likes to join this action is requested to transfer (at least) EUR 10,- or $ 13,- via non-CC Paypal funds (Existing Paypal account funds or instant e-check / regular e-check) to:

meier-audio-noncc@t-online.de

Note that if you use a credit card for payment to this (personal) account, I will be unable to accept the payment.

To pay by credit card and Paypal you may send you payment to this email address:

meier-audio@t-online.de

As I will be charged with Paypal fees for any transfer made to this account non-CC payments to the account previously mentioned are strongly preferred.

You may also send an international money order, traveller's cheques or cash (registered post!) to:

Meier-Audio
Am Tennenbach 20
91080 Spardorf
Germany

People from inside the European Community may also use wire transfer (from outside the European is simply to expensive as I will be charged by my bank!).

Please make the transfer to:

Beneficiar: Dr. Jan Meier

IBAN (International Bank Account Number):

DE17 7635 0000 0000 3227 02

Stadt- und Kreissparkasse Erlangen
Hugenottenplatz 5
91054 Erlangen
Germany

SWIFT/BIC-code: BYLADEM1ERH

BLZ: 763 500 00

When you send your payment, please do add your Head-Fi name so I can check the origin of the money.

After having send your payment please attach a single (empty) post to this thread. The number of this post will be your lottery number. Please do not post when you do not intend to join the action. Also do not send multiple posts (you will be disqualified if you do!).

The lottery will end by September 30st. To determine the winner my girlfriend will randomly pick two lottery numbers. Next it will be checked whether these two people have paid. The winner will be the one that contributed most (Yes, this should motivate you to pay more than the minimum of $ 13,-!!). In case of a draw lady Fortuna will be asked.

I have no specific destination for the money yet. However, I will look for a way to get the money to those people who need it most, with as little as bureaucracy in between.

Note: Shipping costs of the amp will be paid by Meier-Audio.

Cheers

Jan

Sep 6, 2005 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 52
icon10.gif

Sep 6, 2005 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 52
paypal sent. Way to go Jan!

Sep 7, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #8 of 52
I just sent my little contribution to this tragedy, not sure if I will get the amp or not, as I'm not too lucky lately, but at least it is a good cause to invest on, and honestly better safe than sorry....We have heard of a lot of rip offs in the name of this good cause lately, another real shame for mankind...Two thumbs up for Dr. Meier again...

Well today I was notified that the company I'm currently working for is going to match dollar per dollar, any donation that any of their employee had made to any organization to help the disaster, just need ot present the receipt, so I presented my Paypal invoice and it was automatically matched.....
tongue.gif
Wow now my help was doubled.....
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2005 at 10:30 AM Post #10 of 52
I am always pleasantly amazed at what people will do, be it large or small, to make a difference in times of tragedy. Thanks to Dr. Meier - and all those here at Head-Fi and elsewhere - who have done something to help as they can. Big or small, we can all make a difference in our own way.

Todd - skullguise

Sep 9, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #15 of 52

Users who are viewing this thread

Back