Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 19, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #12,571 of 18,855
I have a question if this has ever happened to your Hugo TT2. I run mine from Roon ROCK server to my MBP to the TT2 via USB. When I set up at my listening station, I turn on the TT2 and if I plug the USB into the MacBook while the TT2 is booting up (before it finishes the complete bootup sequence). It outputs a horrible static sound when I press play. If I unplug and replug the USB the problem instantly corrects itself. It happened twice when it was brand new and then hasn't happened for 2 weeks because I decided to always plug in after the boot up sequence. Today, I plugged it in after I heard the relay click and had the horrible static. I unplugged and immediately replugged the USB and I was good to go. Hopefully I am not alone. Just want to make sure my unit doesn't have some issue that will worsen over time. Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #12,572 of 18,855
Hi guys, I'm a new user of TT2 and a new member of the forum, first of all nice to meet you all, and I got a question which I would like to ask you guys for some advice, I connected my TT2 to my windows PC via USB, with chord driver installed, but in the sound setting page the supported format option, I can only see up to 96.0khz available, is there anything I need to do in order to unlock other higher resolutions? And also which player is good for music playback on windows? Currently using Foobar, it is pretty good, just wondering if there are any better options, anyway thanks for reading my message!

Thank you very much!

Sam

202102200424395520.jpg
Hello welcome,
Do not worry about it, windows will not affect the real resolution of the file (output), check what the TT2 really receives as a resolution and you will see that it will be the correct thing regarding the file being reproduced.

Jriver is also very good

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #12,573 of 18,855
Setup is for music only listening with the TT2 via foobar: go to settings, output. Provided you installed the Chord driver, you can now select ASIO / Wasapi or kernel streaming for your Chord device (experiment which of those three sounds best to you). In windows sound settings, set the TT2 to exclusive mode and select something else as standard output (for system sounds etc). If you on the other hand want to output all sounds to the TT2, deselect exclusive mode in windows sound and set the TT2 as standard output device.
Thank you very much for you advice, I will give all those a try, and I just notice one thing although I cannot see any higher rate option in the supported format page but I can see 32bit 384khz in advance page, does it mean I actually using it?? And in Foobar the format choosing option gray out for me, I cannot choose anything but output device.

Hugo tt2 2.jpg

Foobar.jpg

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #12,574 of 18,855
Hello welcome,
Do not worry about it, windows will not affect the real resolution of the file (output), check what the TT2 really receives as a resolution and you will see that it will be the correct thing regarding the file being reproduced.

Jriver is also very good

Just checked, it does say 384 on the screen of TT2.

Thank you very much!

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #12,576 of 18,855
Can you try a different source like a phone via Bluetooth to tt2?
Yep...I tried it with the WM1Z in transport (source) mode with the same results. I messaged Chord Electronics who were very helpful...awesome customer service. GeorgeMeyer-AV (authorized US repair & recommended by Chord) reached out to me too, so I'll be sending it in ASAP for repairs.

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #12,577 of 18,855
Just checked, it does say 384 on the screen of TT2.

Thank you very much!
Be careful, what you select on the windows screen will be what the TT2 will show as received, although it will not be real, so in windows I leave it at 16bitx44.1khz, however when I play a 384khz file the DAC shows receiving the true file rate

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #12,578 of 18,855
I have a question if this has ever happened to your Hugo TT2. I run mine from Roon ROCK server to my MBP to the TT2 via USB. When I set up at my listening station, I turn on the TT2 and if I plug the USB into the MacBook while the TT2 is booting up (before it finishes the complete bootup sequence). It outputs a horrible static sound when I press play. If I unplug and replug the USB the problem instantly corrects itself. It happened twice when it was brand new and then hasn't happened for 2 weeks because I decided to always plug in after the boot up sequence. Today, I plugged it in after I heard the relay click and had the horrible static. I unplugged and immediately replugged the USB and I was good to go. Hopefully I am not alone. Just want to make sure my unit doesn't have some issue that will worsen over time. Thanks!
Also...to provide more clarification, I tend to leave the TT2 powered on during the day if I will be listening a lot throughout the day. While it is on, I can plug and unplug the USB-C from the MacBook Pro as many times as necessary and I never experience the issue. It is only if I plug in too quickly after the TT2 is first booted up. Any ideas?

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #12,579 of 18,855
Be careful, what you select on the windows screen will be what the TT2 will show as received, although it will not be real, so in windows I leave it at 16bitx44.1khz, however when I play a 384khz file the DAC shows receiving the true file rate
I see!! I will do more test with it!

Thank you very much!

Feb 19, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #12,581 of 18,855
On the Mac you change the output source so you don’t have to unplug the usb cable
I am not sure if this is a reply to my post, but the reason I am plugging/unplugging is that I am moving my laptop with me all around the house and go back to my listening station periodically throughout the day. I would not unplug just to switch to the speakers on the MBP if I am staying stationary.

Feb 19, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #12,583 of 18,855
I’m a recent owner and having a similar issue. I noticed this happened when turning the unit on and the sample rate the TT2 was expecting (based on the light color) didn’t match the sample rate played by the software. Stopping and restarting the track changed the sample rate on the tt2 and it played normally after. It seems a bit finicky with turn on procedure and when swapping headphones with the unit on.

Feb 19, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #12,584 of 18,855
I’m a recent owner and having a similar issue. I noticed this happened when turning the unit on and the sample rate the TT2 was expecting (based on the light color) didn’t match the sample rate played by the software. Stopping and restarting the track changed the sample rate on the tt2 and it played normally after. It seems a bit finicky with turn on procedure and when swapping headphones with the unit on.
Exactly! I noticed the same thing...the TT2 was expecting 88 and it was being fed 44. When I unplugged and replugged the light turned red and everything resumed as normal. Hopefully this is just a finicky attribute of the device and not a defect of some sort. Glad to hear I am not the only one that has experienced this issue.

Feb 19, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #12,585 of 18,855
Exactly! I noticed the same thing...the TT2 was expecting 88 and it was being fed 44. When I unplugged and replugged the light turned red and everything resumed as normal. Hopefully this is just a finicky attribute of the device and not a defect of some sort. Glad to hear I am not the only one that has experienced this issue.
I’ve learned to connect the headphone cable before turning it on and letting it finish the boot up before hitting play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back