Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 19, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #12,561 of 18,851
I’ve never owned BNC cables. They are NOT directional correct?
Some are, like the Snake river Boomslangs BNC cables. Different tonality depending on direction

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #12,563 of 18,851
Unfortunately out of the blue my hugo tt2 with mscaler decided it would sound better in mono mode.

I am only getting sound on my left headphone or speaker...

It plays fine both left and right channels without the tt2 using oppo as dac and chord mscaler

Anyone have this problem before.

I cycled power off did not help...unplugged power cables even
Did you ever figure out what caused this? I've been searching for an answer, but have been unable to find one. I'm having the same issue, so I'll probably send it in somewhere for a repair. My right channel first started buzzing, but now it's completely out. I troubleshot it, and it's definitely the TT2. I tried changing BNC's, using Amp/DAC/HP modes, going USB to TT2 without the MScaler in the chain, etc.....all to no avail.

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #12,564 of 18,851
Did you ever figure out what caused this? I've been searching for an answer, but have been unable to find one. I'm having the same issue, so I'll probably send it in somewhere for a repair. My right channel first started buzzing, but now it's completely out. I troubleshot it, and it's definitely the TT2. I tried changing BNC's, using Amp/DAC/HP modes, going USB to TT2 without the MScaler in the chain, etc.....all to no avail.
Can you try a different source like a phone via Bluetooth to tt2?

Feb 19, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #12,565 of 18,851
Hi guys, I'm a new user of TT2 and a new member of the forum, first of all nice to meet you all, and I got a question which I would like to ask you guys for some advice, I connected my TT2 to my windows PC via USB, with chord driver installed, but in the sound setting page the supported format option, I can only see up to 96.0khz available, is there anything I need to do in order to unlock other higher resolutions? And also which player is good for music playback on windows? Currently using Foobar, it is pretty good, just wondering if there are any better options, anyway thanks for reading my message!

Thank you very much!

Sam

202102200424395520.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #12,566 of 18,851
Hi guys, I'm a new user of TT2 and a new member of the forum, first of all nice to meet you all, and I got a question which I would like to ask you guys for some advice, I connected my TT2 to my windows PC via USB, with chord driver installed, but in the sound setting page the supported format option, I can only see up to 96.0khz available, is there anything I need to do in order to unlock other higher resolutions? And also which player is good for music playback on windows? Currently using Foobar, it is pretty good, just wondering if there are any better options, anyway thanks for reading my message!

Thank you very much!

Sam
Wow! it took you 5 years after registering to submit your first post.

Regarding your post, are you sure you're using the right windows drivers? You should see the 384khz in the option list

Feb 19, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #12,567 of 18,851
Wow! it took you 5 years after registering to submit your first post.

Regarding your post, are you sure you're using the right windows drivers? You should see the 384khz in the option list
LoL, yeah I registered long ago but I didn't browse this site often before, and I think I installed the right driver, I downloaded it from the TT2 page, and I insert a picture into my post above, please take a look and let me know if I did anything wrong.

Thank you very much!

Feb 19, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #12,568 of 18,851
LoL, yeah I registered long ago but I didn't browse this site often before, and I think I installed the right driver, I downloaded it from the TT2 page, and I insert a picture into my post above, please take a look and let me know if I did anything wrong.

Thank you very much!
Have you tried sending higher rate content to the tt2 to see if by magic it just works ?

Feb 19, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #12,569 of 18,851
Have you tried sending higher rate content to the tt2 to see if by magic it just works ?
I didn't have any higher rate file on hand at the moment, cause I usually obtain my files from ripping cds, I think I will try to see if I can get some higher rate file and give it a try.

Thank you very much!

Feb 19, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #12,570 of 18,851

Thank you very much!
Setup is for music only listening with the TT2 via foobar: go to settings, output. Provided you installed the Chord driver, you can now select ASIO / Wasapi or kernel streaming for your Chord device (experiment which of those three sounds best to you). In windows sound settings, set the TT2 to exclusive mode and select something else as standard output (for system sounds etc). If you on the other hand want to output all sounds to the TT2, deselect exclusive mode in windows sound and set the TT2 as standard output device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back