Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 3, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #8,926 of 18,887
Well, I think my one month old TT2 just died.

I’m sharing this just to ask if this has happened with anyone around here. The search tool was not useful in this case. Yes, I’m contacting Chords’s customer support and my dealer. But I was curious if anyone went through something similar and what was the issue after all.

Tried to turn on my TT2 today. It started charging and then it would turn off almost immediately and then turn on again and get stuck in that loop until I took it out of the wall socket. The letter ö would appear on the display sometimes during this cycle.

weird and really frustrating. Happened during my birthday of all times! And in the middle of our current situation I’m not sure I’ll have that solved that soon :triportsad:
OT L Over temperature left - check cabling for short circuits
OT R Over temperature right - check cabling for short circuits
OT F The FPGA has exceeded maximum temperature - please improve ventilation
DC L DC has been detected on digital input, left. If present with no digital source a fault has been found.
DC R DC has been detected on digital input, left. If present wit

May 3, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #8,927 of 18,887
OT L Over temperature left - check cabling for short circuits
OT R Over temperature right - check cabling for short circuits
OT F The FPGA has exceeded maximum temperature - please improve ventilation
DC L DC has been detected on digital input, left. If present with no digital source a fault has been found.
DC R DC has been detected on digital input, left. If present wit

I know, but all I get is CHG, blank, ö, CHG, blank, ö, CHG...

May 3, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #8,929 of 18,887
I had a Realistic double tape deck in 1989 here in the UK. Bought from Tandy's. I had 3 tape albums by maxi priest, m.jackson and black box. I use to record songs from the radio as well. That was at age 13 a few years later i had a nad amp, dual turntable and celestion 3 speakers with titanium tweeters. Around that time i joined the rave generation and started tripping out, smoking herbs and falling in love with girls i use to meet on the bus. Missing you Emma. Now i'm considering trading in my hms/tt2 for a dave finally moving up in the world i guess.:alien:

Cracking little speakers were the Celestion 3s. Had mine in use 18 yrs until my 8 yr old wanted to play Iron Maiden and not realising the amp took a few seconds to come on, cranked vol to the max and blew out the drivers, maybe didn't laugh at the time, but funny now.

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #8,931 of 18,887
saw this video on youtube once, was it similar to this? with the clicking noises?

Almost exactly the same. Only thing missing there is the ö on the display.

May 3, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #8,933 of 18,887
Well, I think my one month old TT2 just died.

I’m sharing this just to ask if this has happened with anyone around here. The search tool was not useful in this case. Yes, I’m contacting Chords’s customer support and my dealer. But I was curious if anyone went through something similar and what was the issue after all.

Tried to turn on my TT2 today. It started charging and then it would turn off almost immediately and then turn on again and get stuck in that loop until I took it out of the wall socket. The letter ö would appear on the display sometimes during this cycle.

weird and really frustrating. Happened during my birthday of all times! And in the middle of our current situation I’m not sure I’ll have that solved that soon :triportsad:

What happens when started with nothing connected but supplied power supply only?

May 4, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #8,934 of 18,887
May 4, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #8,936 of 18,887
May 4, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #8,937 of 18,887
@Rob Watts are you able to explain this error message?

If it is similar to the fault shown on the video, its probably due to the PSU not being able to supply current. TT2 initially starts the CHG process, then ramps up the current rapidly to draw 3A from the supply. If the supply is faulty, it will collapse, then everything will re-boot and start over.

You need to take it back to your dealer and try another PSU. If that does not fix it then there is a power regulator fault within TT2.

@lawshredpower sorry to hear about your problems, but go back to your dealer and Chord and the dealer should sort you out very quickly.

May 4, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #8,938 of 18,887
Chord Ultima 2 pre and power amp mono blocks are under review in the June 2020 HiFi News.

They got an 'outstanding product' moniker from HiFi News, and a great review. It's good to see Chord's amplification doing well. Actually found it almost brought tears to my eyes.

May 5, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #8,939 of 18,887
Well, it seems that my TT2 needs a repair too - it seems that right channel (real XLR) output stage has blown up.

This morning I heard a loud pop from my right speaker when I powered up my TT2, then immediately noticed that the right channel volume is much lower than the left one during playback. Also everytime I plugged my headphone into the front (switching from AMP to HP mode), or power on/off the unit, I can hear loud pops from the right XLR output.

I have my ttoby connected to TT2 driving a pair of speaker and this setup has been running flawlessly until today. I connected my amp+speaker to another balanced source and no issues whatsoever, so it's definitely something wrong with the TT2

I apparently tried to power up/down the unit, unplugged everything and left TT2 for the whole day, no improvements.

The front headphone outputs are not affected though - no pops and volume from left/right channel is normal.

I've sent Chord support an email and see what would happen next.

May 5, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #8,940 of 18,887
Just 10 mins ago i turned on my TT and it went into a startup loop. I unpluged it right away and waited a bit. I plugged it back in with the same result.
While on the phone with my dealer i tryed the same thing again. Now it started no problem.
The headphone out still works but i have no way of testing the other outputs.
I hope that was a one time thing!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back