Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 17, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #8,371 of 18,892
It is an (empty for the moment) port decanter that I was presented with for winning a horse jumping competition. Note that I did not say a horse look alike competition. :wink::grinning:
Seeing it better close up in the second pic I was leaning more towards Sherry or Port than Gin but alea eacta was.
Do refill that bottle Nick! Don't be like the boy " listening to the radio" who got the advice: Turn it on boy, turn it on!
Cheers CC

Jan 17, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #8,372 of 18,892
Seeing it better close up in the second pic I was leaning more towards Sherry or Port than Gin but alea eacta was.
Do refill that bottle Nick! Don't be like the boy " listening to the radio" who got the advice: Turn it on boy, turn it on!
Cheers CC
Sherry, port, gin... Come on guys, nothing beats a good old single malt.
IMG_20191206_171315564_PORTRAIT.jpg

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #8,373 of 18,892
Apologies if this question has been answered before. I have a Moon Audio mini-Coax to dual BNC cable that I used with my H2/HMS combo. Does anyone know if this cable will work the same with the TT2, or will I need to buy new separate BNC cables

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #8,374 of 18,892
Apologies if this question has been answered before. I have a Moon Audio mini-Coax to dual BNC cable that I used with my H2/HMS combo. Does anyone know if this cable will work the same with the TT2, or will I need to buy new separate BNC cables

That cable will not work between MScaler and TT2. You need bnc at both ends. You should already have the free pair that came with the MScaler and you can use those whilst you decide what to do with anything different.

Jan 19, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #8,377 of 18,892
I can't understand how anyone can like the taste of fire water, it's not like it has a nice taste.

Maybe it's just me, but a glass of irn bru beats any spirit out there.

Enjoy yo dram lads

Jan 20, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #8,378 of 18,892
I am having some problems with my Windows 10 PC and the Hugo TT 2. The way I have this PC set up, the Chord is the default audio device. When it is off, there is no audio output. When it is on and headphones are plugged in, audio output goes to the headphones naturally. When there is no headphones plugged in, output is to a pair of Audioengine 2 speakers (fixed output, so volume is controlled by the speakers).

When everything is working, no problems.

However, it seems the driver for the Chord keeps getting screwed up. This manifests itself in no audio output. Videos won't even play silently. Everything is stuck until I "fix" the driver via the Windows Troubleshooter or I reboot the PC.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a driver problem? I used the driver that was on the Chord website.

Thanks,
Jim

Jan 20, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #8,379 of 18,892
This thread is turning into a late night off license.

If a chord stack owner had 2 hi end headphones but had a real love for a third sub £200 headphone (dt880 600 ohms beyerdynamic) for its SQ and comfort would it be unwise to add that third budget headphone to the collection? a bit of an abstract question but i'd like to know everyone's POV. Can you justify using a budget headphone with the hi end chord stack?

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #8,381 of 18,892
yes at the moment i use the oppo pm1 with tt2/hms. i'm very attached to oppo's flagship offering. hopefully soon i will add either the sony mdr z1r/aeon open or denon 9200. one of these will be my second main headphone alongside the pm1. the beyerdynamic was the headphone that i first heard hugo 1 with in 2017.

Jan 21, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #8,382 of 18,892
Can you justify using a budget headphone with the hi end chord stack?
The only pair of headphones I own are Sennheiser momentums, I think they would be considered budget. They do sound really good, the rare times I use them with the TT2, but 99% of my listening is with speakers.

Jan 21, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #8,383 of 18,892
I am having some problems with my Windows 10 PC and the Hugo TT 2. The way I have this PC set up, the Chord is the default audio device. When it is off, there is no audio output. When it is on and headphones are plugged in, audio output goes to the headphones naturally. When there is no headphones plugged in, output is to a pair of Audioengine 2 speakers (fixed output, so volume is controlled by the speakers).

When everything is working, no problems.

However, it seems the driver for the Chord keeps getting screwed up. This manifests itself in no audio output. Videos won't even play silently. Everything is stuck until I "fix" the driver via the Windows Troubleshooter or I reboot the PC.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a driver problem? I used the driver that was on the Chord website.

Thanks,
Jim

This is the reason I avoid standard computers like the plague for audio. There is always constant faffing required with software updates, drivers etc.
You can avoid all of this with a cheap solution like an Auralic aries mini.

Jan 21, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #8,384 of 18,892
This is the reason I avoid standard computers like the plague for audio. There is always constant faffing required with software updates, drivers etc.
You can avoid all of this with a cheap solution like an Auralic aries mini.

Agreed, also I much prefer just to have the steaming box hidden away and use an iPad or phone for controlling the music playing.

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #8,385 of 18,892
27 inch ultra hd screen. ssd silent. no antivirus or drivers for mac. totally stable. optical out. gorgeous 27 inch screen for album covers. a server is a computer.:sunglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back