Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 6, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #8,251 of 18,892
Effect of long tap lengths can be measured upto a certain limit, after that it can't be measured or plotted . It can only be experienced as more focused and true to source sound.
Yeah wasent 1 million taps a milestone dream Rob Watts reached for digital to sound like more truly analogue.

I wonder what the limits of taps is when we cant hear improvement anymore?

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #8,252 of 18,892
Hi guys, i just got my brand new TT2 today and after unboxing it i discovered like some of you that a screw was released within the case.
The unit is working perfectly well but since it's brand new should i bring it back to my dealer and get it changed ?
Thanks.

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #8,253 of 18,892
Hi guys, i just got my brand new TT2 today and after unboxing it i discovered like some of you that a screw was released within the case.
The unit is working perfectly well but since it's brand new should i bring it back to my dealer and get it changed ?
Thanks.
What a ridiculous mistake.
I would ask my dealer if I am allowed to open the case to take the screw out without voiding warranty.
Most likely you will have to ask your dealer to to do it for you.

Apart from this what are your initial impressions on the sound?

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #8,254 of 18,892
Thanks.
You should email support@chordelectronics.co.uk first, to ensure that your issue is formally captured in their database.
I expect that you will then be told to return your TT2 to your dealer, rather than open the case up yourself.
Hope this helps.

Jan 7, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #8,255 of 18,892
You should email support@chordelectronics.co.uk first, to ensure that your issue is formally captured in their database.
I expect that you will then be told to return your TT2 to your dealer, rather than open the case up yourself.
Hope this helps.

Yes i emailed my dealer, waiting for his response.
Apart from that coming from a Hugo 2 it is obviously a substantial upgrade, i'm driving a pair of Hifiman He1000se cabled with Dana Lazuli Ref.

Jan 7, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #8,256 of 18,892
Yes i emailed my dealer, waiting for his response.
Apart from that coming from a Hugo 2 it is obviously a substantial upgrade, i'm driving a pair of Hifiman He1000se cabled with Dana Lazuli Ref.
What would you say the biggest benefit is of TT2 vs. Hugo2?

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #8,258 of 18,892
What would you say the biggest benefit is of TT2 vs. Hugo2?

Sound has much more weight, soundstage is huge compared to Hugo 2 and also better resolution, i couldn't be happier.
My He1000se is also brand new so it will get much better after a week.
Also tried my Kennerton Odin v2 with the TT2, just another level compared to Hugo 2.

Jan 7, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #8,259 of 18,892
Thanks.

Was not a good idea to power up TT2 with a loose screw in the case. You could have shorted something and killed it, or part of it.

By the way are you sure the rattling noise is not the ball-bearing in the three buttons. (Power, menu, etc.)

Jan 8, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #8,260 of 18,892
Was not a good idea to power up TT2 with a loose screw in the case. You could have shorted something and killed it, or part of it.

By the way are you sure the rattling noise is not the ball-bearing in the three buttons. (Power, menu, etc.)

No it is a screw just like it happened to a member on this forum, the unit is working perfectly well nonetheless.
My dealer told me to bring the unit back to him to open it up and get rid of the screw, he will tell the distributor about this issue.

Jan 8, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #8,261 of 18,892
No it is a screw just like it happened to a member on this forum, the unit is working perfectly well nonetheless.
My dealer told me to bring the unit back to him to open it up and get rid of the screw, he will tell the distributor about this issue.
I have flagged this up to Chord for you, and the manufacturing team will follow up, so feel free to email chord support and provide your details etc. This will remove the risk of key contextual details being lost, when the distributor informs chord.

Jan 8, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #8,262 of 18,892
I will suggest to resolve this problem with the dealer, otherwise you will have to wait one month or two until Chord will give the unit back, if you send it to them. I am at my second Hugo TT2 that brake down on me, and I had spend my holidays without it even if I send the unit to Chord in the first days of December.
I am starting to feel really angry about Chord Electronics, they don’t tell you anything and also they don’t communicate with the dealer about technical issues.

Jan 8, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #8,263 of 18,892
how do you like that combo with hd800s as i was thinking to add a hd800s to my collection
I had the HD800 and HE1000se driven from my TT2 for a while and they sound very similar. I was shocked how good a pair of 800 euro second-hand can compete with the new HE1000se. The only problem with the Sennheiser HD800 (and also HD800S) is that the timber is not as natural as HE1000se and the bass is not so low and separated form the mids. Meze Empyrean is a much better complementary headphone for HE1000se and is very well driven by TT2.

Jan 8, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #8,264 of 18,892
I had the HD800 and HE1000se driven from my TT2 for a while and they sound very similar. I was shocked how good a pair of 800 euro second-hand can compete with the new HE1000se. The only problem with the Sennheiser HD800 (and also HD800S) is that the timber is not as natural as HE1000se and the bass is not so low and separated form the mids. Meze Empyrean is a much better complementary headphone for HE1000se and is very well driven by TT2.
Empyrean and TT2 is a truly sublime combo. The precision, detail level and clarity of TT2 compliments the bassy and natural sounding velvety nature of the Empyrean extremely well.
The HD800S is indeed surprisingly good out of the TT2, but still sounds somewhat sterile and lacks the fun and precision of planar bass.

Jan 8, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #8,265 of 18,892
I will suggest to resolve this problem with the dealer, otherwise you will have to wait one month or two until Chord will give the unit back, if you send it to them. I am at my second Hugo TT2 that brake down on me, and I had spend my holidays without it even if I send the unit to Chord in the first days of December.
I am starting to feel really angry about Chord Electronics, they don’t tell you anything and also they don’t communicate with the dealer about technical issues.

Thanks for your input, yes Chord Electronics suggested me to solve this problem with my dealer.
I will do that when i have a moment.
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back