Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 11, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #7,321 of 18,887
Could I ask you what setup / specs you ended up with? I've been very close to pulling the trigger on a Nucleus / NUC before, but haven't quite. You've pushed me close to it again!
I7 8gb ddr 250 ssd

getting the Akasa fanless case.

also since I hard wire Ether. May disable BT and wireless in bios. Should provide further lift in performance.

bought the antenna. May do some a/b wireless vs Ethernet with all wireless turned off in bios.

also ordered an lps for the unit. Supposed to make a diff. ATL 100 LPS.

Oct 11, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #7,322 of 18,887
Hi,

About the tingling/buzz thing that is (according to Rob Watts) caused by leakage of the PSU, I just figured out that an ifi GroundHog fixes this completely. Thought this might be interesting for some people. I currently have it hooked up directly to the connector of the PSU.

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #7,323 of 18,887
I7 8gb ddr 250 ssd

also since I hard wire Ether. May disable BT and wireless in bios. Should provide further lift in performance.

bought the antenna. May do some a/b wireless vs Ethernet with all wireless turned off in bios.

Nucs are teh schit

Word!

I approve of this post.

Oct 11, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #7,324 of 18,887
Why not just invest in some transparent cables. They have a network built into the cable and for the price of these boxes you can probably get into their ultra line of cables.
Network in cables? I could do both and i wouldent buy the £3000 wooden box. I would buy the cheaper minimus with 2 weeks money back guarantee hopefully and see if i hear a difference. Also minimus is better priced in a swedish hifi store around $253.

I already invested in a high end cable recently the atlas mavros grun with one neat trick that drains away rfi/emi to the device its connected to which seems crucial for digital streaming audio. Made a night and day difference for hugo 2 connected to same streamer via spdif output. On hugo2 Soundstage grew, it sounded more powerfull, cleaner with less rfi/emi distortion, micro dynamics micro detail is heard more. And it has a sense of more ease and sounds more relaxed.

The mavros rca cable itself sounds very clean and articulate with no bloom to my ears. The only issue i might have is the colour sound tone of saxophones thinking it sound slightly brighter then it should(maybe the brighter tone is from my streamers internal dac as i cant use them with hugo2 as the rca sockets are to small for the mavros rca) and there may be some slight edge on some albums but i heard worse sibilance with other cables, mostly voices sound smooth. Hugo2 direct driving HP really has the colour sound tone spot on to my ears this is probebly the case with all chord dacs i assume.

This cable could be for dave level equipment as the one user review states "works for dave".
https://www.futureshop.co.uk/atlas-mavros-grun-ultra-2-rca-to-2-rca-audio-cable

Yes i chosed atlas mavros cable over Tellurium Q cable which i demoed for 2 weeks before trying this cable it was not perfect either more muddyness then mavros. And i havent heard a perfect cable ever.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #7,325 of 18,887
Does anyone know if it is possible to program a universal remote with chord remotes codes?
I tried to do it with my universal WR7 without any success.
While the original remote is quite nice, there is another one for m-scaler and another one and another one, it would be nice if I could just program the universal and not touch the originals. Another reason to control TT2 from two different locations and not worry about carrying the remotes.

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #7,326 of 18,887
Network in cables? I could do both and i wouldent buy the £3000 wooden box. I would buy the cheaper minimus with 2 weeks money back guarantee hopefully and see if i hear a difference. Also minimus is better priced in a swedish hifi store around $253.

I already invested in a high end cable recently the atlas mavros grun with one neat trick that drains away rfi/emi to the device its connected to which seems crucial for digital streaming audio. Made a night and day difference for hugo 2 connected to same streamer via spdif output. On hugo2 Soundstage grew, it sounded more powerfull, cleaner with less rfi/emi distortion, micro dynamics micro detail is heard more. And it has a sense of more ease and sounds more relaxed.

The mavros rca cable itself sounds very clean and articulate with no bloom to my ears. The only issue i might have is the colour sound tone of saxophones thinking it sound slightly brighter then it should(maybe the brighter tone is from my streamers internal dac as i cant use them with hugo2 as the rca sockets are to small for the mavros rca) and there may be some slight edge on some albums but i heard worse sibilance with other cables, mostly voices sound smooth. Hugo2 direct driving HP really has the colour sound tone spot on to my ears this is probebly the case with all chord dacs i assume.

This cable could be for dave level equipment as the one user review states "works for dave".
https://www.futureshop.co.uk/atlas-mavros-grun-ultra-2-rca-to-2-rca-audio-cable

Yes i chosed atlas mavros cable over Tellurium Q cable which i demoed for 2 weeks before trying this cable it was not perfect either more muddyness then mavros. And i havent heard a perfect cable ever.

The network on transparent cables is a low pass filter. You get this on the plus range and above. The network is designed for the specific length of the cable. Once you get to the referwnce range and higher the networks are custom calibrated for the specific gear in your system. I can't afford that level so I can't comment on them.

I have the plus speaker cable and it is an improvement over my old audioquest speaker cabling. I did try the new ultra headphone cable that transparent makes and it was an improvement on the cables for my clears. I found the stock cable on the abyss the be more detailed and have a larger soundstage though. This makes some sense as JPS turned the AB-1266 with their own cabling which is not cheap either.

Oct 12, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #7,327 of 18,887
The network on transparent cables is a low pass filter. You get this on the plus range and above. The network is designed for the specific length of the cable. Once you get to the referwnce range and higher the networks are custom calibrated for the specific gear in your system. I can't afford that level so I can't comment on them.

I have the plus speaker cable and it is an improvement over my old audioquest speaker cabling. I did try the new ultra headphone cable that transparent makes and it was an improvement on the cables for my clears. I found the stock cable on the abyss the be more detailed and have a larger soundstage though. This makes some sense as JPS turned the AB-1266 with their own cabling which is not cheap either.
Yup is a cable djungle out there everyone claming they are best. Its hard to hear them all.

Oct 12, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #7,328 of 18,887
Does anyone know if it is possible to program a universal remote with chord remotes codes?
I tried to do it with my universal WR7 without any success.
While the original remote is quite nice, there is another one for m-scaler and another one and another one, it would be nice if I could just program the universal and not touch the originals. Another reason to control TT2 from two different locations and not worry about carrying the remotes.
I remember there have been posts about it on the chord threads, so an email to support@chordelectronics.co.uk may get a quick answer.

Oct 12, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #7,329 of 18,887
Ha yes, I did indeed. I had no intention until one bored weekend, I cobbled together some connections and had the Hugo2 powering some bookshelf speakers. I wasn’t expecting much at all but was so impressed, I went for a TT2 within a couple of days. The sound from the Hugo2 was really nice through speakers but a little impractical. TT2 is much better in that regard. I was also pleasantly surprised again by the uplift between Hugo2 and TT2. As you know, I did not expect much of an audible improvement. It’s been a good week for music in my house!
Is TT2 also much better then hugo2 in pure dac mode feding an amp?

Oct 12, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #7,330 of 18,887
I7 8gb ddr 250 ssd

Is it the Nuc 8 i7 8559U BEH model that you have ?

Thats what I have and when I was looking for a LPS for it, the ones that I saw weren't suitable for Nuc 8's due to them having a higher 28 watt tdp and nuc 7's being 25w.

This is the link

https://www.sbooster.com/intel-nucs-roon-servers/power-supply

I'm interested in a linear psu for my nuc, let me know how it goes once it arrives, as I might get one if your nuc survives. Cheers.

Oct 12, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #7,333 of 18,887
Try searching the thread. I have made a few posts about comparison between Hugo 2 vs TT2. I mostly use them with an amplifier and speakers. Although recently I moved to driving speakers from TT2.
How do i search the thread in best way?

Edit search seems rubbish.

Or people can tell me what they think maybe some new insights have landed since last brought up.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #7,334 of 18,887
Hi I am a proud new owner of your TT2. I have searched everywhere online and cannot solve why I am only getting most 352 bps. I am running Audirvana with Windows 10 and Windows driver. Not once have I seen DSD format showing on the TT2 indication window. It continues to say 352 bps. I have loads of DSD (dff) files and cannot play them. I have tried Dac/amp combo and also Dac only amplifier. This is probably something simple but I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated it.

Oct 12, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #7,335 of 18,887
Hi I am a proud new owner of your TT2. I have searched everywhere online and cannot solve why I am only getting most 352 bps. I am running Audirvana with Windows 10 and Windows driver. Not once have I seen DSD format showing on the TT2 indication window. It continues to say 352 bps. I have loads of DSD (dff) files and cannot play them. I have tried Dac/amp combo and also Dac only amplifier. This is probably something simple but I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated it.
When you say windows driver.... have you installed the chord driver? and are you sure it’s selected in your audio player software?
I think it’s called chord ASIO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back