Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 20, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #4,081 of 18,894
Would have been great if TT2 could have featured a built in headphone XLR output, even if internally wired for SE like some of the Woo Audio amps.

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #4,082 of 18,894
Would have been great if TT2 could have featured a built in headphone XLR output, even if internally wired for SE like some of the Woo Audio amps.

It would have been a nice feature if space allowed for it, with the full 18w into 8ohms going through it. However, its not too expensive to get a custom cable maker to create a Dual 3pin XLR to 4pin XLR adapter to allow you to run headphones off the rear of the TT2 :)

Jan 20, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #4,083 of 18,894
It would have been a nice feature if space allowed for it, with the full 18w into 8ohms going through it. However, its not too expensive to get a custom cable maker to create a Dual 3pin XLR to 4pin XLR adapter to allow you to run headphones off the rear of the TT2 :)

Even better! Thanks for pointing that out.

Jan 20, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #4,084 of 18,894
Is there a reason why there's no balanced output on TT2?

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #4,085 of 18,894
Is there a reason why there's no balanced output on TT2?

Probably because they view it as the lesser of the output types on this device as it is noisier.

I’d wouldn’t complain if they did have one as I have a lot of headphones wired for 4-pin and probably wouldn’t hear the difference between .00000000001% and .00000000002% THD (made up figures)

Jan 20, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #4,086 of 18,894

That actually gives me an idea! Since my equipment is in a rack, either make or have made up 3 pin XLR to a 4 pin panel connector and place in a 1U plate. I think I have a plastic one already.

This is the correct one?

https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/nc4fd-l-b-1

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #4,087 of 18,894
That actually gives me an idea! Since my equipment is in a rack, either make or have made up 3 pin XLR to a 4 pin panel connector and place in a 1U plate. I think I have a plastic one already.

This is the correct one?

https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/nc4fd-l-b-1

I think so, but I'm not very good with electronics etc...so perhaps best to check with a cable expert :)

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #4,089 of 18,894

Nice. Thank you.

I was surprised by the first sentence in this passage.
"Tonally the Chord is even-handed, though sits on the lean side of neutral. That doesn’t stop it from doing a superb job in rendering instrumental textures though – the orchestra comes through in a convincingly full-bodied manner."

I would not have thought of the TT2 as on the lean side of neutral. The Hugo 2 does not sound lean to me. Then I was of the impression that the TT2 is fuller sounding.

The supercaps in the TT2, are there for current peaks. Therefor for some unknown reason, I was expecting them to fill in richness too. ... However What HiFi do go on to say, "the orchestra comes though in a convincingly full-bodied manner". ... It seems like they were a bit confused themselves. Probably needed more time with it. (After all it took me a month to adjust to the Hugo 2.)

Also folk who own or have heard the TT2, said it was full sounding. Or words to that effect. That it sounded bassier, warmer, and fuller; again 'words to the effect'.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #4,090 of 18,894
Maybe Capt. Rob Watts hit heavy seas this weekend on his way with all the good girls and boys (mostly boys...) Chord stacks and had to seek shelter from the storm in Greenland?Iceland? Guess Bjork gets her TT2 first. Alas, USA suckling hind tit on this one...

Jan 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #4,091 of 18,894
Maybe Capt. Rob Watts hit heavy seas this weekend on his way with all the good girls and boys (mostly boys...) Chord stacks and had to seek shelter from the storm in Greenland?Iceland? Guess Bjork gets her TT2 first. Alas, USA suckling hind tit on this one...
Sorry to rub it in but we seem to be awash with TT2s in tne UK. Still no homegrown interest in the unit I’ve put up for sale.

Jan 21, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #4,093 of 18,894
Tonally the Chord is even-handed, though sits on the lean side of neutral
Compared to what exactly? A Lampizator?
Their DAVE review "tonal balance is... even-handed and utterly convincing"
Their Hugo 2 review "a smoothly neutral listen – it doesn’t overstate... bass is balanced against treble in the most unforced and crystal-clear manner

Jan 22, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #4,094 of 18,894
Their Hugo 2 review "a smoothly neutral listen – it doesn’t overstate... bass is balanced against treble in the most unforced and crystal-clear manner

Looks like some fluffy jargon w/ zero substance to me.. but then again, that seems to be the essence of most review sites. :p

Jan 22, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #4,095 of 18,894

Looks like some fluffy jargon w/ zero substance to me.. but then again, that seems to be the essence of most review sites. :p

Well everyone said the Hugo TT was fuller sounding that than the Hugo.

It stands to reason that the TT2 would be the same, compared with the Hugo 2. Whereas the Hugo 2 is a fine piece of equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back