Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 30, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #526 of 18,887
I have to say as much as I like the sound quality of Chord products I find the design of the cases just ugly especially Dave. The Mojo is o.k. but these illuminated windows on the other products remind me of Gucci bag design, bling and brand identification. I appreciate very much that the design is not like just a standard box but I would prefer a more understated and elegant solution. After listening to the TT2 at HighEnd I am very convinced of the sound quality so it will be very likely I have to live with that design.

May 30, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #527 of 18,887
Can you elaborate on what you heard? thanks mk

May 30, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #528 of 18,887
They demonstrated the TT2 with the Audeze LCD-XC which is a good choice for a noisy show environment. Sound was extended with well controlled bass and clean highs, nothing too emphasized. I could listen to some music I am familiar with on my speaker setup and I really appreciated the very natural micro dynamics of notes, how they start and how they decay even not masked by the next notes. So correct timing and such low noise floor makes music sound more real and can transmit emotional nuances of a real performance.

May 30, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #529 of 18,887
Thanks greenmountain another happy listener.

May 30, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #530 of 18,887
I don’t want to offend the designer, I’m just talking first impressions, I’m sure it’ll be a nice little object in it’s own right.

I like unique design language that chord products have. At least they have some character. Would always choose something like this over plain looking.

I am disappointed by the color choices they offer. Some years ago I used to like everything in black. But thats no longer the case. I would like to have some of their products in well made neon colours in matt finish to match the glowing balls.

May 31, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #531 of 18,887
I like unique design language that chord products have. At least they have some character. Would always choose something like this over plain looking.

I am disappointed by the color choices they offer. Some years ago I used to like everything in black. But thats no longer the case. I would like to have some of their products in well made neon colours in matt finish to match the glowing balls.
I love Chord's industrial design. It is extremely unique, and kinda reminds me of retro futurism a little bit. Some beautiful use of glass and color changing to indicate frequency and volume.

May 31, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #533 of 18,887
They demonstrated the TT2 with the Audeze LCD-XC which is a good choice for a noisy show environment. Sound was extended with well controlled bass and clean highs, nothing too emphasized. I could listen to some music I am familiar with on my speaker setup and I really appreciated the very natural micro dynamics of notes, how they start and how they decay even not masked by the next notes. So correct timing and such low noise floor makes music sound more real and can transmit emotional nuances of a real performance.
So a Dave in a cute square box then lol

May 31, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #534 of 18,887
I love Chord's industrial design. It is extremely unique, and kinda reminds me of retro futurism a little bit. Some beautiful use of glass and color changing to indicate frequency and volume.

Me too! My DAVE and Hugo 2 get a lot of compliments too from friends/family as well.

May 31, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #536 of 18,887
May 31, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #537 of 18,887
Jun 3, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #539 of 18,887
The reviews on the chord hugo TT they complained about the remote on it, I liked the remote on the chord hugo 2 and was wondering if the remote will be the same.I'm using my Xbox one x listening to u tube for music, oh the joys of audiophile music

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• ecwl
Back