Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 17, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #14,656 of 18,887
There's no real need for concern. I've owned the M Scaler/TT2 stack for over 16 months and this issue happened maybe five or six times.
Thanks; that certainly soothes any rampant worries I might have with the utility and functionality of the M Scaler and Hugo TT 2 combo.

Aug 20, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #14,660 of 18,887
Anyone considering the Dan Clark Stealth's?

Sounded to me like they might have rushed production. Personally I would wait to see if any first batch kinks need to be resolved. (just saying, I am not interested in this in any case)

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #14,665 of 18,887
Gonna wait as well. I owned the Ether 2 for some time and never quite bonded with them. I knew the Susvara and P were keepers from day one.
I'm about to take a chance for everyone here. I will be able to compare it to the two TOTL planars to see if they are in the same league. I have really enjoyed their headphones in the past, so I am hoping for a home run.

I know @mrspeakers is a fan of the Chord products and I'm sure he's tested these extensively with the TT2. Any thoughts about this pairing?

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #14,667 of 18,887
I am also ordering here in Lithuania, Europe. But it will take a looong time to arrive i guess.

Rob let us know if you have heard them:wink:
No I haven't but I am very eager to give them a try. It's tough that the USA won't let us Brits in, as I could have heard them at Socal, and that CanJam London is now postponed to next year. Hopefully NY CanJam in February? Can I wait that long?

Aug 21, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #14,668 of 18,887
No I haven't but I am very eager to give them a try. It's tough that the USA won't let us Brits in, as I could have heard them at Socal, and that CanJam London is now postponed to next year. Hopefully NY CanJam in February? Can I wait that long?
Its sad regarding London CanJam, i had a mind to come too and personaly give thanks for music enjoyment your hardwork gave us.

As for Stealth to wait until February sounds like too long:) curiousity of how MTT2 can lift them will win i suppose:)

Aug 21, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #14,669 of 18,887
Anyone considering the Dan Clark Stealth's?
From the closed side of things, I love the AEON 2 Closed, and I like the Ether C Flow 1.1; however, I didn't really enjoy the AEON Flow Closed.

Nevertheless, in general, Dan Clark's headphones are pretty well designed, and they sound reasonably good for a closed-back headphone. The Ether C Flow 1.1 couldn't keep up with its contemporaries in the flagship closed-form space, but the Stealth may be a contender for the throne.

Aug 21, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #14,670 of 18,887
After have a bad luck pairing with Verite Open, now I got loaned of TT2 again for Diana Phi.

Oh my gosh, definitely a pairing that I would be proud of. It's only initial impression though (less than an hour).

Everything seems cohesive, extremely fluid, clean micro detail presented in such effortless way, that I believe will never cause ear fatigue. Midrange become clean, full body, and I get the lush feeling which is perfect for my taste. Not syrupy, but definitely far from dry.

Also, bass, here is the solid punch with full control and accuracy.

I'm not sure if using XLR output will result better result? Need to create adapter first though. The 6.3mm output is powerful, currently I listen at -21 High gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back